Friend vs. potential love interest

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Friend vs. potential love interest

Postby Devil » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:34 pm

I've recently become pretty friendly with a girl from work who has expressed interest in me that extends further than just being friends. Our situation is complicated so it hasn't gone too far as yet, but the potential is there.

However, one of our mutual friends (well, a very close friend of mine and more just an acquaintance of hers) has basically said that the girl in question has contributed to a bit of drama and isn't a very nice person. The mutual friend has just split up with her partner and says that the girl I like has stirred up the situation, gossiped and just generally caused trouble and can't be trusted. I don't know all the details yet, though.

My loyalty to my friend says I should just forget this girl altogether and ignore her from now on. I still do like her, I can't just turn that off. Especially when I don't know exactly what has gone on. Should I just ignore her and move on? Or should I remain friends with her and see what happens between us? I know the right thing is probably to stand by my friend but I'd be a bit sad to lose contact with her. Any thoughts appreciated :)
Devil
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Friend vs. potential love interest

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:55 pm

If your friend who split with her b/f is important to you and you trust her then why wouldn't you believe what she has to say?

You hardly know this girl, is she worth losing a good friend over?

You don;'t have to ignore the new girl but just don't get involved too much so she can't cause trouble for you
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Friends