I'm a different person now.

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I'm a different person now.

Postby sezzybabe1 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:35 pm

A few years ago I did some stupid things which everyone found funny (and at the time so did i) but when everyone found out it really affected me. I used to be, for want of a better word, a silly slut. The whole thing changed me as a person and I am proud to say i'm a different and better person now. To turn over a new leaf and leave the old me behind, i moved schools to do my AS levels. But unfortunately some people from my old school also moved to that school. I've met this guy who is perfect for me, and i know he's really interested in me but he hangs around with someone who used to go to my school. Now, i think about it at least every minute and what would happen if he ever found out about my past? I know that he should like me for who i am now but i also know that if people at my new school found out about it that i wouldn't want him to have to cope with being teased for being with me. I don't want to have to live with this anxiety anymore, i'm constantly paranoid. If people find out about my past not only will it ruin my reputation and dignity, but my chances of a relationship with this guy. I just feel like going somewhere where nobody knows me, but i can't do that right now. Help?!
sezzybabe1
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: I'm a different person now.

Postby red.nails » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:43 pm

I think your better off talking to the guy because if you two are meant to be together then he wont care and will just accept you, i wish i moved schools to do my a levels so i proves that you are trying to change. So just talk to him it'll be best for your relationship :)
red.nails
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby StephEChick » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:15 am

We've all done silly/ slutty things in the past which we now regret.....but we move on and learn from these mistakes!

You've changed now and sounds like your really settled! I think the best and only thing you can do is talk to your boyfriend, explain to him that you've made mistakes but now your a different person.......! You cant spend all your time worrying about what 'could' happen.....just nip it in the bud and tell him! Im sure he's done things too which he'd rather u not know........!

If he likes you that much he will stick around and stand up for you................if he does a runner then he was NEVER worth it in the first place! Its a good test of any relationship so be brave and sit him down xx
StephEChick
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby inmyhead » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:00 pm

I get where your coming from. I've done silly things like that in the past too, i;m only just deciding i want to change and its hard for me, its hard to move on and leave behind everything that makes you act like that. You managed to do that so no matter what everyone at your new school finds out about the old you, you cant let it get to you. If the guy is decent, he will see you as the person you've became, not the person you used to be and he should stick up for you if anyone starts hassling you about it. You should also stick up for yourself and if any of these people judge you for your past then they're certainly not worth talking to. The best thing you can do is ignore it all, if you started acting out it would only make the situation worse. You never know, the person that moved over form your old school might see you've changed now and not bring up your past. Hope everything goes okay!
inmyhead
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Friends