Embarrassing And Untrendy Question About Going Out

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Embarrassing And Untrendy Question About Going Out

Postby snail » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:19 pm

No, it's Saturday 13th Bel. It's big double-birthday bash.

Still haven't 100% decided not to chicken out. I will literally know only one person, and he won't want to talk to me (it's the friend mentioned in my Relationship That Never Happened thread, where he came on to me then backed off, and has never really wanted to be friends with me again) so I will effectively be the only stranger there in a big group of friends. I got invited because one of this person's friends started talking to me on Facebook after I commented on a pic - he added me as a friend and asked me to come out with them.

Arrrgghh, I wish I wasn't so pathetic #-o
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:31 pm

So does this guy that added you want romance??? If he does he will probably talk to you all night.
I can see why you are a bit nervous. It's different if you know even one person well but to be the stranger is hard even for the most social of us.
No chance of going for a quick mid week drink before with any of them so you can break the ice?
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby snail » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:17 pm

He probably does want romance, Bel, although having seen his Facebook pics I think "romance" might be a bit of a euphemism for what he wants :lol: But I don't see that happening myself.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby peecee » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:36 pm

But as he's the one who invited you to this knees-up, presumably he'll stick with you, rather than letting you cry in a corner all night?

Or is that what you're worried about...? :-k
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby snail » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:17 pm

I don't suppose he'll worry too much about sticking with me. (Particularly once he realises I'm not romance material - I think we're too different). But I can survive crying in a corner at my age. The annoying thing is we'll all be getting a lift together, so I won't be able to leave before 2am even if I wanted to.

Anyway, I'll see if my 'friend' mentions it all this week, and take it from there.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby everloney » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:49 pm

Snail! I'm excited for you, you HAVE to go. I have a few thoughts, thought one, could you drive yourself? This will have some benefits, like if you are not having fun you can take off earlier, its a great excuse to not drink (seeing as you are not that keen on it). If you aren't drinking you are in total control and this is better when chilling with a new bunch of people. I only get S***faced with people i love and trust, because when i party..... wow. Hehe

Ok also you don't NEED to drink to have a good time, some of my best times have been when i was drinking red bull all night. It makes me spasy without being drunk! I get to remember everything, im not bored and i don't do anything too embarrassing. Sometimes when i drink (too much), like this past weekend for my birthday, (friend was spiking my drinks with extra vodka...) i was out of it by 11.30pm, cant remember much after that. Had to be pretty much carried home, then was sick out of my nose in front of my boyfriend... im luckly he really likes me and didn't dump me on the spot :). So although i had fun i wish i drank less and remembered more. Sorry that was alittle off topic....

Also i think nice jeans, pretty top and sexy heels will be a nice combo for you. You want sexy and sophisticated not trampy.... also you gotta look super hot if that guys going to be there, show that loser what hes missing out on ;).
everloney
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Previous

Return to Chit Chat