The closet.

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

The closet.

Postby Sideswipe » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:37 am

Hi,

I'm 14, and obviously I go to school. But Im also gay and have a wide veriaty of friends but I wouldn't say that I'm "best friends" with any of then. I've known that I'm gay for about a year and a bit now, so there's realy no bout about it. And the fact that only four of my girl friends and none of my family know about it realt eats me up inside. So my question us, how would you people tell your friends and family?

Thanks!!! : S
Sideswipe
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: The closet.

Postby ILoveChristmas » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:37 pm

My first reaction would be to say that at this stage and considering your age, I wouldn't say anything to them just yet. There are a couple of reasons for that, but primarily because at 14 there's a chance they won't take you seriously and will put it down to natural changes at your age.

I'm not saying you're not gay, not at all, i'm just saying that it's an easier explanation at your age for people who possibly would rather not hear that news, i.e. your parents.

However, if you have your heart set on telling them i'd wait until they were both sitting watching television one night, wander in and sit down and say there's something you want to talk about. If not like that then somewhere you feel totally at ease in any other circumstances. Tell them what your feelings are and ask them for their support. Hopefully they'll give it to you.

If it were my son (who's only 4 just now) I can honestly say it wouldn't bother me. I'd give him a hug and tell him that people are who they are. With any luck your parents will be just the same.

Good luck.
Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. - Stephen Fry.

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. — Steve Furtick
ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Sideswipe » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:45 am

Gee, thanks for all the suport, but I think that I'll wait a while. Secretly, I think that my mum allready knows.
Sideswipe
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby amie-jo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:37 pm

You havent got to tell anyone at this tender age i was 40 when i told ppl how i was i had had two failed marriages to men was in total denial,im not saying you should leave it so late i wish i hadnt but at your age things could change your hormones are all over the place for a start :) just enjoy life and see where it takes you when the time is right you will know and no one will have to tell you coming out will be the normal thing to do :) good luck
amie-jo
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Sexuality