How much faith do you place in tarot cards?

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

How much faith do you place in tarot cards?

Postby sparkly_star » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:32 am

A friend of my father's did his tarot cards a few months back and bits about me, my mother, and brother came up; and other things that don't seem likely to happen at all (or things we/I don't want to happen [not bad things just things I don't want lol]). Normally I wouldn't let it bother me too much but being told by a family friend makes it that much harder to toss aside, as if it's insulting to the person who read them. It all left me feeling rather bummed which is why I still think about it months later. ](*,)

So how much do you think is true with tarot cards? Do the things said have to happen or are they just a possible outcome?

(Apologies to the mods if there's already a thread about this, I checked and couldn't find one).
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
sparkly_star
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Re: How much faith do you place in tarot cards?

Postby snail » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:47 am

I don't have time for a proper reply right now, but I personally place zero faith in Tarot cards. They don't tell you anything, your interpretation of them simply reflects what's already on your mind! I really wouldn't worry about it, S_S.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kerrie24 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:21 am

I agree,I think you could give the same reading to 10 people and they could all make it fit in their head to their personal circumstances,my friend has them often but it always seems so vague it could have been anyone.Dont worry about it,what will be will be.
kerrie24
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:13 pm

This guy knows you family too so he could have tailored the reading to fit

I wouldn't worry these things should be seen as a laugh.

The trouble is if you concentrate too much on something you were told would happen you could subconciously make it happen. You believe so you steer your own actions that way.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby captainf » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:27 am

Well I dont really know if Tarot cards have any real chance of forcasting the future or not.
However my nans sister inlaw reads tarot cards, however she wont do the family anymore and she has a good reason.
Many years ago her brother was an RAF pilot, but he was a fast living guy - fighter pilot, fast cars, women etc When my nans sister inlaw read his cards she said that the cards stated that he needed to slow down and be careful because if he didnt something bad will happen. A few weeks later he was killed in a road accident.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby misatok11 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:25 pm

Tarot cards hold as much belief as you want then to. There is nothing to say they are accurate and nothing to say they aren't.
There is a lot of different meanings and its how they are interpreted to yourself. If you find they work for you go for it.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Chit Chat