complicated friend troubles!

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

complicated friend troubles!

Postby Broken » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:54 pm

Well basically, me and my best friend's sister's boyfriend are really close, and we hug and talk alot and are just generally close.
My best friend's family are very close and so one time my best friend saw her sisters boyfriend kiss me on the cheek
so she went and told her, as you would be the sister was upset.
Unfortunately it doesn't just stop there I've liked the sisters boyfriend before they went out and I still do and some people say he likes me
obviously i dont want to ruin peoples lives, but my main trouble is my best friend she now even frowns upon me talking to him which is hard
i know he is going out with her sister but i have no one to talk to about my problem. Aswell i he comes over to me in front of my best friend and
sometimes i feel like i have to blank him which hurt so bad!
could someone give me some advice?
x
Broken
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: complicated friend troubles!

Postby snail » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:04 am

Well it sounds as though you would like to go out with him if you could, and your friend is probably picking up on that. That being the case, it's not surprising that she is uncomfortable with you having any contact with him.

I wouldn't blank him - I would always be polite and give him the attention that he deserves as a friend - but I think I would avoid too much close contact with him, and certainly not hug him. After all, if he liked you that much he wouldn't be with this other girl, he's made his choice. And your best friend's feelings do deserve consideration. It's a tricky situation, but I think your first loyalty should be to her.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Friends