Ideas needed for my wedding invites and favours!!

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Ideas needed for my wedding invites and favours!!

Postby whoopsie » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:46 pm

As some of you know, I'm getting married in September at a zoo. I'm cat mad but I'm having trouble coming up with ideas for invites and favours. I want to make and do these myself.

My sister had an idea for the invites, a leopard print ribbon down the crease of the card and maybe paw prints on the front. I am not creative in that way at all so I have no clue what to do.

I also want to do some different party favours. I may do biscuits but I also liked the idea of party bags but that will be expensive. I've found some small linen style bags which I could put sweets in (love hearts) etc but that seems a bit boring to me.

The colour theme is pink and black.

Is there anyone creative out there that can lend me some of their ideas, or have you been to a wedding which had some cool, unusual stuff??

PLEASE HELP! [-o<
=^..^=
whoopsie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Ideas needed for my wedding invites and favours!!

Postby Skarlet » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:57 pm

Hi Whoopsie,

You could go for pink and black jelly beans for your favors? or some other cool old fashioned sweet. My cousin had rock with their names in it for their wedding. http://www.aquarterof.co.uk has some ideas.

In regards to the invite, not really sure what you could do, not that artistic to be honest.

Skarlet
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:00 pm

Perhaps on the wedding invites you could have a photo of a black and white cat? I know thats not pink, but still :P
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby whoopsie » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:02 pm

OMG!! That website is amazing. I've just seen some sweets that I haven't seen for years! Roll on pay day.

I like the pink and black coloured sweets. Some liqourice allsorts are pink and black too, maybe I could use those too.

Thanks Skarlet.
=^..^=
whoopsie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Skarlet » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:04 pm

Yeh that would be cool, did think of those, but wasn't sure you could just buy pink and black ones. Glad it was helpful. :D
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby whoopsie » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:10 pm

I could pick them out of the bags tho and give the rest to my dad! Or just eat the coconut. Liqourice = yuk!
=^..^=
whoopsie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby LemonJuice87 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:23 pm

Oooooooooooooh!! :D

I'm using this website for my sister's invites. In-fact, I use it all the time!

Here's the part on weddings - http://www.madaboutcards.com/section.php/27/0/Weddings

It is all do it yourself kind of thing. And if you scroll down and take a peep on the left hand side there is LOADS of things you can get!

And this page http://www.madaboutcards.com/section.php/1073/1 is the Inspiration section. This is the ones on weddings. People have uploaded thier designs.

:D
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Chit Chat