Printing

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Printing

Postby captainf » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:26 am

Hi guys,

Last night my friend came back from her holiday only for her dog to pass away a few hours later.
I felt really bad for her and i've got a photo of her dog she sent me ages ago. I was gonna print off the picture onto a custom made card but i've got a problem.
The cards I have come with the folding line, however to print they need to be flat (A4 size) Thats no problem. The problem I have is that when I print the photo is printed incorrectly.
Rather than printing on half the A4 sheet it prints over the fold and 90 degrees from the angle I want it to print at.
As I only wanted half the sheet printed I selected to print as an A5 and the setting was 'portrait'
I dont quite understand how i've gone wrong. Does anyone have any printing tips?

To give you an idea of how I want it printed, this is how I want it to print...

http://www.gallerycollection.com/blog/w ... /088ay.jpg
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Re: Printing

Postby captainf » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:10 am

Ahh no worries guys. I've figured out how its done.
I was being a muppet as usual :P
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:38 am

Is this the 'friend' that you like???

If so, that's awfully nice of you considering the way she's been treating you.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby captainf » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:28 pm

Yeah.
I'm taking abit of a backseat with her really. I'm not looking for a relationship with her for now because she seems to get annoyed with me when i'm being nice. Maybe things will change in time or maybe they wont.

As for it being a nice gesture, yeah it is and I know shes treated me unfairly at times but its never nice when a pet (or any family member) dies and we all need support during that time. :)
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby LemonJuice87 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:37 am

Captain, thats a really nice thing to do!!

But, you said she gets annoyed when you do nice things? This is a nice thing....... just a thought. Dont want you getting hurt!
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby captainf » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:56 pm

Thanks.
Yes, she does sometimes get annoyed when I do nice things, but I mean in general, like if shes busy i'll say 'i'll speak to you later if you're busy' and then she gets annoyed. I dont think she realises that im showing common courtesy sometimes but I dont really know as i've tried to explain.
I dont feel as close to her as I used to, but its never nice when anyone is faced with a death so I just thought i'd show my support.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Chit Chat