Sperm donation

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Sperm donation

Postby ILoveChristmas » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:06 pm

Sperm donation is something i've been considering for a while now. I like the idea of helping families who are less fortunate than me when it comes to having a son or daughter.

I seem to fit the bill in terms of history, medical history, intelligence, proven fertility etc and yet I haven't done it so far.

I think what worries me is the idea that when the child (should one be born as a result of my sperm) reaches 18, they now have the right to track me down. I'm not sure that i'm ok with the idea that i'd have to tell my parnter/wife about donating sperm.

I guess whether the child tracked me down or not really depends on whether the parents ever told the child about how they were conceived. Even after that the child would have to want to know who I was, which I suspect is quite unlikely.

What does everyone else think? Are there any men on here who have actually done it, or ladies whose partners have done it?
Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. - Stephen Fry.

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. — Steve Furtick
ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sperm donation

Postby ceilidh1990 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:16 pm

I think sperm donation is a very admiral thing to do as I think it can come along with a lot of underlying problems. I imagine the thought of possibly having a son or daughter out there could play on somebody's mind.
I think if my boyfriend decided to donate sperm I would back him in it completely. The thought that people not being able to have kids when there are people out there who don't deserve the kids they have sickens me. Everybody has the right to have children but sometimes it isn't possible without help.
I think it's an amazing thing to do, but I can understand reservations.
I probably haven't helped at all, but I thought I'd give an opinion on it :) xx
ceilidh1990
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:40 pm

I produce lots of eggs and once considered donating
My problem was that I though my daughter could end up meeting her own brother and having a reltionship and none of us relasing and it resulting in deformed children
It's a major decision and I think that the fact the child can now track you down is a massive consideration
I also wonder if ever the law might get changed and you could be finacially responsible - this country is barmy enough that it wouldn't surprise me
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Airhead » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:06 pm

I think that sperm donation is a great thing,

I myself have been thinking of trying it as i am currently not in a relationship but i have wanted a child for a few years, (my ex fiancee didnt want wany, so the causse of our split) i have so much love to give and i dont see why that should be limited to people who are in relationships, so i think what you are doing is great!
Airhead
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to And the rest...