"So called" friend

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

"So called" friend

Postby yummymummy90 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:15 pm

I have a friend who goes to uni and lives far away from me. When she comes home she always says she will come and see me and my daughter, but last minute says she can't afford it. I can completely understand this, but then she goes out drinking all the time and it would cost her £2 to come to my house from hers. Surely she would just keep £2 aside?? We used to be sooo close, but I can't understand her!! She is really frustrating me! When we do speak it is like I'm talking to a stranger, which upsets me because we were like best friends at one point. What should I do? Should I just let her get on with it? I am fine without her but she was such a great friend before.
Be proud of your puffed up pie!!
yummymummy90
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: "So called" friend

Postby ILoveChristmas » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:02 pm

The next time she's home is there any way you could ask if she would mind you going to visit her? You'd be able to tell from her reaction to seeing you whether she wanted to see you or not, and at least she couldn't fob you off.

Either way though, people change, grow out of old friends and into new ones. It's not the nicest thing to happen, most people just drift apart and never really notice it as much as you are doing, but I can think of plenty of people who I used to see every other day and now haven't seen for years.

It could simply be that she's lazy too. Maybe she would genuinely like to see you, but can't be bothered getting her carcass out the seat to do it.

It's obviously something that bothers you though (you're here afterall) so maybe the best thing is to simply ask her outright why she keeps letting you down. She probably doesn't realise what she's doing, and if she does, it's the perfect time to get things out into the open.
Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. - Stephen Fry.

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. — Steve Furtick
ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: "So called" friend

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:00 pm

I think she is probably caught up in th uni lifestyle of going out and partying and probably isn't sure what you two would do together. She probably imagines your life is very different to hers and maybe she isn't sure how to make the two compatible.

it is a shame but I wouldn't keep chasing her if she keeps brushing you off. Maybe she will grow up and realise she has lost a friend and make more of an effort somewhere down the line
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Friends