Doctor confidentiality

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Doctor confidentiality

Postby chosenfew » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:50 pm

AS some may know I wrote in a previous post that my doctor had told social services things that I had told her about being depressed. I now understand why she did this and that is not a problem as it is her duty to do so as she thought my child was at potential risk of harm. But I have recently found out that the doctor told social services details about my six week check (this is what every woman has six weeks after their child is born to see how things are with our 'bits' and ask about breast feeding and how we're feeling etc) Now the thing the doctor told them was that I advised them that if I was to have sex I was going to use condoms. This I only told my doctor as everyone gets asked at the six week check and women have to give the doctor an answer so we dont have any more baby's so soon after the last lol. This I feel had nothing to do with social services and weather i'm on the pill, condoms or dont use any protection this would not have any effect on my child so I feel as thou the doctor broke the confidentiality between us. Who would I go see about this? I was so embassissed when ss mentioned this to me and shocked they even knew as what birth control I use had nothing at all to do with anyone x
chosenfew
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Re: Doctor confidentiality

Postby snail » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:48 pm

There are instructions about how to complain about a GP here:

http://www.nhs.uk/choiceintheNHS/Yourch ... aints.aspx
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hana.15 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:13 am

When under social services they have the right to know everything that goes on within your household weather it be about how old your dogs are, what contraception you are planning to use or how your child is doing, they do actually have the right.

With all due respect i think that it would be pointless to make a claim against this doctor as it might not have been passed on by this doctor, all subjects discussed are noted down on your files, so anybody could have passed them on and read them, you wold not have any proof as to who has done it.

i understand that you feel as though your privacy has been exposed, however social services do work in yours and your childs best interest, even if you dont agree with it at the current time, in due time you might see there argument.

All the best. x
hana.15
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby ILoveChristmas » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:16 pm

I wonder if a letter written to the doctor concerned might be a wise first step.

It's obviously something that's seriously upset you and for that reason i'm not sure it's right to simply let it go, but maybe giving the doctor the chance to justify their actions would be a good idea.

Thereafter, if you're not happy, go ahead and make a complaint.
Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. - Stephen Fry.

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. — Steve Furtick
ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby snail » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:44 pm

The NHS do suggest that you start in that way, and only escalate if you feel the need.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby captainf » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:44 am

I didnt know you had a baby. Congrats :)
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to And the rest...