How embarassing.

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

How embarassing.

Postby rufio89 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:02 am

I did a very embarrasing thing last night, but now it's funny, so I thought I'd share.

My boyfriend checked his internet banking at my house the other day, and left it open by accident.
When I got in last night I went on my computer and it was still open, and on the last few transactions it said "Park Plaza - £85.00". As soon as I read that my blood ran cold, and I was SO upset. I tried really hard to calm myself down and give him the benefit of the doubt, and wait until I'd spoken to him before jumping to conclusions, but after about 10 minutes of that I cracked, and burst into tears, and rang him up sobbing and shouting at him that "how could he" and assumed that he'd taken some girl back to a hotel. After a few minutes of listening to me cry and shout, and trying to get me to calm down, I calmed down enough to let him speak, and he asked me what was going on, and why was I so upset, and what was he supposed to have done? So I told him what I'd seen and he laughed, and I got more angry that he was laughing at me, and it took him a LONG time to calm me down enough for me to listen properly.

So it turns out what happened: The two of us went out for dinner at the weekend, and the restaurant we went to is attached to the Park Plaza, so instead of having their own system, they just used that one. :oops: So I got really mad at him and upset and got myself into a state, because he'd been lovely and taken me out for a nice dinner.

Fortunatly he's been really good about it and understands why I jumped to conclusions and so he's just laughing at me today and saying how silly I am. which is good, I think roles reversed I might have been angry and "why dont you trust me".

PHEW!
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: How embarassing.

Postby snail » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:23 am

Oh dear. Well at least it seems to have worked out OK, and I expect he's secretly a bit flattered that you were so upset :P

But even if he had paid for a hotel room, it might not have meant what you thought - a friend or relative could have come to visit from out of town and he paid to put them up, or he might even have booked a hotel room in advance for the two of you to have some privacy and a romantic night, in which case paying in advance is often much cheaper. There are loads of possibilities, which is worth bearing in mind for next time :wink:

EDIT: and actually he should always log out after using a computer for banking, anyway, for safety reasons.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby captainf » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:22 am

Awww. Atleast he was understanding :)
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed May 05, 2010 7:53 pm

LOL
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Chit Chat