General photography

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: General photography

Postby captainf » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:50 pm

Hey Ragdoll :) Thanks very much for your kind words. I have loads of sunset pics like that - thats basically the view I get of the sunset as I live in a bungalow and we have alot of trees near us (well, MK is full of trees everywhere haha)

I like your photos too! I cant pick a favourite because they are all lovely. I do like the one with the contrail overhead though :D However some of the castle are also really nicely composed! Makes me want to go to Edinburgh. I have to ask though, is that you in the middle of this pic? :)

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu60 ... C_0029.jpg

Kerrie,

Nice photos also! Your photos have improved since you first started showing off your pics :)
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:01 pm

Hehe, yeh, thought you might like that one! :)

Edinburgh is amazing, I can't recommend it enough. It's one of my fave cities.

Yup, that's me in the middle. Well spotted! Didn't think anyone would even notice that :wink:
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby captainf » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:39 pm

hehe yep, if its plane related im bound to like it ;) :P :D

Edinburgh does look amazing. You must of had a great time there. I've got to addmit, from what i've seen in photos and on tv most of Scotland looks amazing.

haha I have seen your photos on here before, and the blonde girl in the middle did look like she was looking straight at the camera ;) :P Nice blue coat, it suits you. :)
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby captainf » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:22 am

Just thought i'd link to a photo I took last week..

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ ... nflynn.jpg

The balloon was a virgin one. Im sure it will bring back memories for ragdoll as she flew in one last year with her partner :)
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby captainf » Wed May 05, 2010 12:24 pm

Went over to the airfield I fly from today as the meteorological plane based there was heading out to do testing on the volcanic ash cloud. Just thought you guys might like to see the aircraft that we use in the UK to understand the atmosphere better and cloud physics..

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ ... nflynn.jpg

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/ ... nflynn.jpg

Sorry the quality isnt great, it was abit hazy this morning. Also note the pigeon that looks like hes racing the BAe 146 in the second photo. :D
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Ithfifi » Tue May 18, 2010 1:01 pm

Diego Rivera ~ I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.

http://ithfifi.deviantart.com/ ~ My 'gallery'.
Ithfifi
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby captainf » Tue May 18, 2010 3:12 pm

Nice photos there :)
You've got some good stuff on your DA :)
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Tue May 18, 2010 4:14 pm

Ithfifi I am not a great one for furry animals, I like them but don't love them but your pics are fantastic. I love the black cat looking curiously at the camera. The last one was cool too, fantasic colouring on that catapillar :D
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby captainf » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:55 am

I waited all afternoon for this and was nicely rewarded when it flew right over my house..

BBMF (Battle of Britain Memorial Flight) DC3 which flew over my house at 3:05pm on May 31st 2010 after performing a flypast at Bletchley Park. Unfortunately it was a really overcast day and so I was delighted when they still turned up! I decided to make the photo black and white with a slight tint to it to give that classic WW2 look.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ ... nflynn.jpg
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:51 pm

Excellent shot captain

Here are a few I took yesterday at Tropical Wings Zoo - more like a little farm than a zoo

http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh12 ... l%20wings/

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby snail » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:13 pm

Oo, I like Tropical Wings! It's quite close to where I am. They've added loads of animals in the last few years; it used to be just butterflies and bugs (hence the name). I was happy enough with just the insects - I luuuuurve butterflies :rainbow:
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:11 pm

There were some beautiful butterflies but I couldn't catch them to photograph them :lol:

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby captainf » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:12 am

I got a call earlier this afternoon from a friend. He needed another pilot to fly with him on a formation photography flight. I hadnt flown his musketeer before but it was an awesome flight, and I did most of the flying! We flew in formation with a Chipmunk (former RAF trainer) and a pitts special (aerobatic biplane) When routing home we spotted a virgin balloon over bedford. After a quick call on the ballooning frequency the balloon pilot gave us his permission to fly around the balloon and take pics. We circled around the balloon until it landed near cardington. So far i've only uploaded one shot as its quite late but i'll show off some more tomorrow if you guys are interested..

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/ ... nflynn.jpg
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Skarlet » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:12 am

Thats really cool Captainf, definitely show more pictures off.

I keep meaning to get into photography, but don't have a camera at the moment. Once I have moved and am settled I am going to get myself a camera and start taking photos.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat