Braces

For any problem to do with being 16 or under.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Braces

Postby LN123987 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:40 am

Heya,

i have wonky, unattractive teeth, they don't bother me much, but i know they will someday.
I used to have a retainer but i hated it,i had to take it out when i ate, i could'nt speak properly, i had to use a little key to stretch the middle,they were awful.
I stopped wearing them, my mum cancelled my appointments with the orthedontist, i remember how upset i was, my teeth were gonna look terrible forever, i already had enough problems with my apperance.
Now im 2 years older, and i want perminant braces , is there anyway i could just get them? i can't wear the other ones again, i can't - does anyone know if theres a way to skip getting a retainer and go straight to train tracks? :)

thanks x
LN123987
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Braces

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:13 am

I think you need to go to the dentist and ask but once you hit 16 you will have to pay so go sooner rather than later
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:15 am

I agree with Bel-Bel.

In response to going whilst you are under 16, you can also get free dental treatment so long as you are a student until you are 19. But I would go now because hte sooner you get it done the better it will be in the long run.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Aligator » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:20 am

i didn't know tat. I think that if you get a brace then u will be thankfull for it latter
R U OK?
Aligator
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby neonpink » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:41 pm

I didnt know you had to wear a retainer first before getting train tracks, i use to think it was the other way round, but i guess it maybe different
Ive got train tracks and i havnt had a retainer, id go see your dentist/orthodontist and ask them if its possible for you to get train tracks as you didnt feel comfortable with retainers
neonpink
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Liquidius » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:21 am

I had to wear a retainer first, and then I had train tracks, and then another retainer. Basically, there's no getting away from it, lol. Although I'm sure it depends on the position of your teeth in the first place. The best thing to do would be to talk to your dentist about it I think. :)
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Aligator » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:48 pm

or an orthadonist who will know a lot better than any dentist no matter how much experience he or she has...but u should still be recomeneded to them by ur dentist, no point making an apointment and not needing it
R U OK?
Aligator
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby DaisyLacey » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:07 pm

I'm not a dentist nor do i know very much about braces and the process of getting them, but i would suggest you see the dentist, explain the problem and go from there. If they don't agree with the permanent braces, they might be able to fit a retainer that feels good for you. In some cases, to get teeth 'perfect', these things just have to happen. But again, visit your dentist and go from there.
DaisyLacey
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Jemima » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:01 pm

i have train tracks and if you're other brace was really hurting you, i'd hate to think what that was like as i thought train tracks were painful!
braces for me i see them as a form of torture!! haha, x but seriously, my teeth look pretty good now and i'm so pleased with them and so excited to get them off in 5 weeks, theres pain involved but always worth it.
my orthadontest gave me 2 choices of what treatment i could go for. if you ask your orthadontest i'm sure there will be an easier and less painful route to getting the teeth you want :) xx
Jemima
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby ILoveChristmas » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:29 pm

Hey Jemima,

welcome to PP. Just a quick tip, remember to look at the date of the last post before replying. Some of these posts you're replying to are quite old now, although your advice is still very welcome! It's just in case the original poster is no longer around and doesn't see your response.
Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. - Stephen Fry.

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. — Steve Furtick
ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jemima » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:30 pm

haha oops. i'm new :) xxx
Jemima
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Under 16s