What's the ideal size?

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

What's the ideal size?

Postby RagDoll » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:19 pm

Hi all,

I'm curious to know, especially from male PPers, what they believe the ideal clothes size is for a woman?

In women's magazines you often find articles which claim that men love curves and lots of women also say that (maybe to comfort themselves?!), but I've got to wonder if that's the truth as many of the celebs that men fancy are very, very slim and sometimes under-weight (I know celebs are just a fantasy thing, but surely if you really prefer curvy women, you wouldn't fancy the very opposite of that!). Now I know it's all about personal preference - some men will find super slim attractive, others will find curvy women attractive... but I'm curious to know what the overall trend is.

What do you think guys?
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: What's the ideal size?

Postby misatok11 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:24 pm

I am not that bothered really, its more the person, looks can change but personalities normally stay the same.
If i had to guess id say my ladies were averaging size 16.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby ILoveChristmas » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:45 pm

My personal preference is for small women, in more or less every department.

I'd say height wise between 5 feet and 5 feet 6 inches, clothes size 8-10.

I've never been a fan or large breasted women, in fact I think most men say they like that because they feel they should. No no, small is best for me.

Edit: I apologise for bringing up the subject of breast size there, I realised after i'd posted that you didn't bring that up at all, sorry!
Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. - Stephen Fry.

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. — Steve Furtick
ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby captainf » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:02 pm

Hmm I dont know. My mother told me that all the women that catch my eye all look very similar.. she also tells me alot of my previous girlfriends had a similar look about them too. So I dont know really.
I'm only 5'6 in height and about 8 stone in weight so ideally i'd prefer someone around my height/weight however I must addmit that im more interested in compatibility and so a similar height/weight isnt essential. Curves can be nice.. a nice shaped bum is always a bonus ;)
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:35 am

I think 10-12 is the ideal size if you have boobs and hips, if you're quite straight up and down, I'd say 8-10. I dont fit into this ideal btw!!
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 am

I think each guy is very different. Some love boobs and some don't care either way. Some love bums, long legs, dark or blonde hair. The you get those guys who really don't have a type.
I think that's why we all have to learn to love and aceept what we are. Ok we can tone up a bit but fundementally we are the shape we are and have to make the best of what we have.
If a guy isn't that into you don't be with him, why settle for 2nd best when ther are hundreds and thousands of men out there that will think you are their type. Remembering too that us woman also often have a type. I prefer small, dark haired, dark eyed guys.
We also have to remember that no one is perfect and as we get older we will all get a bit rough round the edges and gravity will kick in :P
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby hana.15 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:51 pm

The ideal dress size for a woman is 16, and you will find a lot of people are this size.

Guys dont like to have someone really skinny, because there is nothing to hold on to. i think magazines and the press influences womans opinions of themselves a lot. for instance woman are expected to be a size 8 in magazines. However everybody is different, some people have bigger bones and frames and others and therefore would never fit into a size 8.

Im a size 10-12, however i have resonably large hips, legs and breasts which would mean i would never get into a size 8. But you have other people that are very petite who would get in a size 6 easily.

Men like supper skinny celebs because of they way they flaunt themselves on tv, and in magazines ECT. To them its just a fantasy of whats underneath.
hana.15
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby JennaXXX » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:07 pm

Well I think it us down to personal preference really.
Some men hate skinny/small women (I fall into that type as I am 5'3 and 7 and a half stone) other men will like that size.
No shape is wrong as long as the person in question is healthy.
Whatever life throws at you, smile, hold your head up high and be the best you can possibly be.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby LME79 » Mon May 03, 2010 10:45 pm

There's no 'one size fits all' (forgive the pun) for this sort of thing or at least there shouldn't be, from our own perspective of ourselves. Very much depends on height/natural frame/bone structure etc. I'm 5'9" and a size 10-12 now with hips, waist, boobs and bum which is the ideal for my natural shaper ... if I were to go down a dress size I'd look like a walking lollipop which isn't that attractive, let's face it. I don't weigh myself as I work out (well, I dance) so I have muscle which is denser than fat so although I'm toned when I do weigh myself the scales don't look like they're being that kind. Hence I go by the fit of my clothes.

I like my guys in proportion to their natural shape however because I'm tall (and wear heels) I do like them to be taller than me! I like athletic builds as well but that might be because I'm quite active myself.
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed May 05, 2010 7:56 pm

I also think the size (clothes size) depends on the height of the woman. A 5 foot woman and a 6 foot women both being a size 8 will look totally different. I think "healthy" is a good size to go for.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Chit Chat