Friend driving me insane¬

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Friend driving me insane¬

Postby neonlullaby » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:28 pm

My best friend split up from her Fiance about a month ago - throughout the relationship she always moaned about him to me and I was always there and listened and tried to help. Since they have split up she now says that I haven't been around since she split up with him..which I think is unfair as I always try and make plans with her when she is free (she has a daughter) and sometimes when her daughter is around too, but she just brushes me off and tells me she can't do that day or time for some reason. I used to go out of my way to see her, rearranging my plans etc but now I've just got to the point where I can't be bothered anymore- if she can't make the effort why should I?

She also has a new hobby so all of her free time is now taken up by this too, so when I ask if she wants to do such a thing she says she can't as she is doing this hobby, and it is a hobby I am not interested in/have the cash for in the slightest so it's not as if I can just invite myself along, as I can't and don't want to...

So basically we don't see each other that much anymore and she keeps moaning on at me, I try not to lose my cool but sometimes I have and she just uses the guilt card on me, I don't really know what to do anymore.... any advice?
neonlullaby
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Friend driving me insane¬

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:52 pm

How about an agreed time/day each week so it's a fixed arrangement
Start keeping a diary of all the times she lets you down or says no and present her with the facts and prove she is making it difficult not you
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Friends