I hate waiting! Arrgghh!

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I hate waiting! Arrgghh!

Postby RagDoll » Fri May 28, 2010 2:37 pm

Hi all,

I just need to get something off my chest rather than getting any advice!

I am currently at home, waiting for the hospital to call me to go and pick my boyfriend up. He's only had a couple of wisdom teeth out, which I know is very minor surgery, but I am still worried about him. He went in about 12 so I was thinking the hospital may have called me by now (it's only day surgery, he doesn't have to stay in over night).. arggh! I hate waiting around not knowing what is happening. Does anyone have a clue how long it normally takes?! I had planned on going to the hospital with him and took the afternoon off work to do so, but they called him in earlier than planned. I rang the hospital, but you can't see patients until they're been discharged, so there didn't seem much point going up to there until he's been told he can go home.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: I hate waiting! Arrgghh!

Postby Bel Bel » Fri May 28, 2010 4:20 pm

Hopefully you have picked him up by now

I hate waiting too. I am waiting to move house and the stupid solicitor is delaying things.We are in a chain of three and we all want to move asap. The house is half packed so it's annoying. I was supposed to move today which would have been fab on a long weekend :x :x :evil:
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby RagDoll » Fri May 28, 2010 4:34 pm

Nope, still not picked him up :( :( :(

Thankfully I know he's ok tho - rang the hospital at 3.15 for an update and he was only in theatre then! He text me about 3.45 though and said he was ok and had come around. Just waiting to see when I can pick him up now. Grrr.

That's a nightmare Bel Bel, I get very impatient with things like that! You get so excited about moving you just want it to happen asap and not wait around!
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby RagDoll » Fri May 28, 2010 6:00 pm

.... still waiting!! God, you'd think he'd has his leg removed, not his wisdom tooth. Let him go! ha
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby captainf » Sun May 30, 2010 11:48 pm

So what time did you pick him up?
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Picked him up about 7 in the end. It took ages after the op for them to discharge him because they couldn't find his prescription, then they couldn't find the doctor to ask them something!
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby snail » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:01 pm

It always seems to be like that at hospitals. They kept me waiting for hours once because the doc "didn't have my records". I knew him by sight, and he came out into the waiting room for something else, saw me and said "What's going on? You were scheduled at 9am weren't you?" and I said "Yes, but they can't find my records to give you" and he looked a bit :-? and said "I've got your records - they're on my desk". :roll:

Bel Bel, keep us updated about the house move :)
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:22 pm

I am keeping my fingers crossed for 11th June. The lady I am buying off returned all required documents yesterday by post. The solicitor doesn't have them yet but said she will ring when she gets them and subject to everyhting being ok we can talk dates.
Keep everything crossed for me please.

Ragdoll - and how is the patient. Has he stopped drinking through a straw yet? :P

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby RagDoll » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:46 pm

snail wrote:It always seems to be like that at hospitals

It certainly does! My Dad went in for an op today (seems everyone I know is having something done!), he had to be there for 8am, but didn't go into surgery until 12ish. You'd think they would have a better system, but since it's not something I know a lot about, I'm sure they are doing the best they can. Just seems so inefficient sometimes.

Yes, keep us posted Bel Bel. I am glad you have a new date to work towards. I have my fingers crossed for you. We're still waiting to have our first viewing of our house, though photos of the inside only went 'live' on Friday, so I am hoping that will help things along now that they're on for people to see.

Bel Bel wrote:Ragdoll - and how is the patient. Has he stopped drinking through a straw yet?

Hehe, he's doing ok! He's just about moved on from his liquid diet! He was living on soup, icecream etc. for a few days (what a good excuse for me to eat lots of icecream too :lol: !!). I think it still aches a bit, but he's doing alright.
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby captainf » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:47 am

I hope your dads op went well.

My mum ended up taking me into hospital this evening and I think I ended up having to wait about 30mins to see a doctor which wasnt bad. Mind you that was at 9pm!
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby snail » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:47 am

If that was A & E 30 minutes was very good. I hope it was nothing serious?
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby RagDoll » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:05 am

Yeh, I thought the same re: 30 mins being good for A&E.... scheduled operations take a lot longer than that!!

As Snail said, I hope you're ok Captain.

My Dad's op went ok, he's a little disappointed the surgeon didn't manage to get his little finger completely straightened up (he's got a condition which effects the tendons in his hand and pulls his fingers into a permenant 'claw' shape until he has the op), but such is life I guess.
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:23 pm

http://www.benverdinemd.com/storage/triggerfinger.jpg
My grandad has this too, he calls them his ear scrtahcing fingers as he has it on both fourth fingers. :lol:
He is 99 so he can't be bothered to have them sorted, more danger from op at his age

A friends dad got taken to hopsital for a storke at the weekend and has been waiting for a cat scan ever since so these delays are all over the NHS :(

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby RagDoll » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:31 pm

Haha, yeh, I don't blame him at that age. My Pops is only 59 though and it really restricts what he can do with that hand in the end - all of his fingers had started to pull in, it started with the little one, but the others soon followed suit.

Aw that's not good :S My Aunt had a mini stroke a couple of weeks ago, thankfully it was only very minor and she's been put on tablets to help prevent a big one happening. Hope your friends' Dad gets his scan soon.
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:41 pm

Aw your poor Dad. Is there anything else they can do or will it stay that way forever?

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Next

Return to Cheer me up!