Trying to contact 2 Speed dating people

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Trying to contact 2 Speed dating people

Postby lowopinionated » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:35 pm

Hi,

Didn't know what category to put this in but here goes:

Last Thursday I went on a speed dating night in London. It was better than expected aswell as it was the first time I'd been in a while.

Anyway when I got home, I waited for my "results" to be sent to me by e-mail. Don't know if anybody knows how it works, but you tick yes/no/friends for now (delete as appropriate) for any of the people you meet. If they tick the same as you, or either of you have a yes/friendship match, you get sent their email address to chat further.

Anyway, that's what happened with 2 nice women I spoke to (interestingly, they were both friends and came together and are from the same town). I was sent their details as they picked me, and I picked them, (So they should have got my details aswell).

Also......... one said she remembered me on a dating internet site, as we had been messaging before!! But we never met as she stopped mailing before last Xmas without an explanation, but I left it at that, at the time. Anyway, it seems as though she was interested again..........

Cool, I thought, so I tried emailing both of them separatley on their email addresses given, but.......... they've come back undelivered saying "mail delivery error" or something similar (which I've experienced before if the wrong details were given to me, or I misstyped).

I tried rearranging the order of the email addresses (as one seems to have put the @ symbol between her 2 names which I think might be wrong). I have tried about 4/5 different email address combinations for both people and I'm still getting them chucked back. (Full stops, hyphens, etc).

I've tried contacing the event organisers to let them know the problem, so they can recheck the address (they say to do that if you're having difficulties). That was on Saturday night but I'm still waiting for a reply, but it may take a few days.

The other thing is that I went back to the old dating website where I was chatting to one of the girls and found her old messages and her profile is still up and so I've sent a message from there. Hopefully there will be a message for her saying I'm trying to get in contact.

The other things is, that the other girl has given her email address ending in "hormoni.co.uk". The emails are bouncing back saying there is no such host as that, so has anyone heard of it? I have tried googling it but nowhere recognises it. So I'm thinking she had bad handwriting and it's actually hotmail.co.uk, so I tried that and it still came back. :-k

So, I looked them up on Facebook. They are both on there, Now.......... I haven't tried to contact them on there, but I'm tempted, but it seems a bit stalkerish!!! :-?

Would that be a good idea, or am I being too desparate? It's just that they both seem lovely girls and I would like a chance to at least prove that they are either both not right for me, or one of them might be!

Seems a shame after all this effort.......

But have they done this as some sort of con? Just seems too much of a coincidence to me that they are both non contactable , both friends and both from the same town.............

Why would they do that? :-k :-?
Mikey Mike
lowopinionated
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Re: Trying to contact 2 Speed dating people

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:56 pm

It might be a little thing they do for fun - yes i know it's not fun to you but some people are just odd

I wouldn't follow it up. If they were genuinally keen i'm sure they would have got there own e mail address correct

Also Hormoni is a bit like hormones? I think they were having you on I'm afraid
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby lowopinionated » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:38 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply, but an update is that the organisers have got back to me and said with one of the girls she did provide an incorrect email address, so they have sent me a corrected one. Maybe they contacted her.

The 2nd one is that, the organisers admitted they'd made a mistake, and no there isn't a browser host called hormoni.co.uk :lol: , it was in fact harmoni.co.uk.

Well, I give it another try............... :wink:
Mikey Mike
lowopinionated
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:51 pm

Oh well that's really good news then

Good luck, lets us know if you get a date :D
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel