Loss of an animal

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Loss of an animal

Postby Diamondy64 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:04 pm

I will try to make this short but i can go on when i get started. My daughter 17 and her boyfriend 19 went away yesterday i saw them and his dog a lovely male boxer 7 months old who we love very much off at the train station. The rest of his family went down by cars children and another four dogs. My daughter text to say they had arrived about 2.30 train station was only a short distance from the campsite so the boyfriends mum picked them up. By 7.30 our lovely boxer was dead he was playing with the other dogs and went off the cliff above the beach one of the other dogs landed on a small ledge and was able to be rescued by the coastguard. The boxer landed on the beach below. They drove back lastnight with him a three and half hour drive he gets cremated soon. There were no signs warning of the cliff edge the grass was long the dogs were playing he stood no chance. Why arn't there post and wire children could easily fall, this kind of accident ruins peoples lives and we have to say goodbye to someone we love verymuch. I know it was only yesterday but i don't seem to be able to stop crying help.
Diamondy64
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Loss of an animal

Postby snail » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:42 am

That's awful, especially for the boyfriend himself of course :( Did they inform the campsite? I suppose if it was a rural area they can't fence everywhere though.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Diamondy64 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:33 pm

Your right snail they can't fence everywhere,but they took the trouble to put a sign at the start of the walk warning people not to climb. Also if they had warned people to keep their dogs on leads until they reached the beach.As my daughter said you would think the grass would be kept cut short so people could see the edge. This could have been a parent with a child or teenager mucking about.
Diamondy64
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:10 pm

I'm so sorry for you and I think you should write to the campsite about your concerns. If it saves one person or one animal it would be worth it
:grouphug:
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to And the rest...