Spider Eggs

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Spider Eggs

Postby spacegirl » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:01 pm

ok, i'd no idea where to put this as it's completely miscellaneous, and not really a life problem as such... but there is a sac of spider eggs on my window frame (on the outside) and i have no idea how to get rid!! OK i admit i've known they were there for months and i just ignored them, (you know the "if i ignore it it'll magically disappear" philosophy) but now i'm starting to worry that they're getting close to hatching and they're going to infest my room! i hate spiders. I mean I HATE them. i can't scoop them off as they've been there so long i'm afraid they're fully formed and if i do they'll hatch and thousands of baby spiders will go scuttling up my arm... can't burn them as the windows are PVC and it'll leave a massive mark, I don't want to get in trouble with the landlord.... and i can't hoover them up because, well, they'll hatch in the hoover!!!

i've avoided posting this for a long time in case people think i'm a silly girl afraid of spiders but now if anyone has any advice about how to get rid of them i would be eternally grateful.

I can't open my window as i'm afraid of them hatching in the middle of the night and getting in to my room :sick: which means loats of sleepless nights as it's so clammy and hot in my room...

*shudder* :sick: :sick: :sick:
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Re: Spider Eggs

Postby snail » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:37 pm

Well, realistically, few or none of the spiders will come into your room - they want to be outside, in their natural environment, they have no interest in you.

If you pull off and pick up the egg sac carefully by the main silk strand it is attached to the frame with, you can remove it whole and place it somewhere else, or even just pull it off and drop it instantly if there's somewhere on the ground below the window the spiders would be OK. Just take care not to rupture the bag itself (which you shouldn't do if you don't touch this area, as the sacs are quite tough).

But to be honest if it's really been there for months, it's probably just a dead husk of a sac anyway rather than full of spiders, as it would have hatched by now.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby captainf » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:23 pm

haha Rather you than me, Spacegirl :D
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby snail » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:22 am

Oo, that's a bit mean, Captain :lol:

Wasps are my thing - I just can't seem to maintain my composure at all when one starts buzzing around me and I invariably end up screaming, it's so embarrassing :oops:
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby LemonJuice87 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:01 am

I do that to Snail! I get that off my Mum, its a right sight when we are both in the garden in the summer.
Both of us running round screaming and waving our hands in the air. Oh and shaking our hair upside down making sure its not in there.

I have now passed on this wisdom, to my child. :lol:
You know you're a mum when the thought of food shopping alone becomes exciting.

When you and your significant other are having an argument, just take all of your clothes off during the spat and stand there. Something is bound to happen!! =]
LemonJuice87
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby captainf » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:18 pm

haha Bad captain :P

Ive got to addmit, spiders are the only thing that scares me. I dont mind wasps and I really like bumblebees. Infact some bumblebees have setup home in the plant bedding area in my garden. I sit near their opening in the mud and they fly in and out all day long. They've been there for quite a few months.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby spacegirl » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:09 pm

snail i think you're right - i think they're dead... I did my morning check on them today and the mother spider is gone all of a sudden! she's been guarding them for months! I felt kinda sad when i saw that!
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby peecee » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:08 pm

aaaah, spacegirl - you little softy, you! :P

Well, I'd like to help you get over your fear of baby spiders, so I hope that (by breaking the PP rules on posting piccies rather than links... 8-[ ) this might help...

xxxxxxxxx

Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby captainf » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:47 pm

haha aww so cute :)
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby spacegirl » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:25 pm

hahaha i actually laughed my head off when i scrolled down and saw that! Although i don't know what i would do if the eggs hatched and loads of little babies came out!!! how would i cope with that??
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby captainf » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:28 pm

I think im gonna stop reading this topic. Last night I had a nightmare that a tarachula was after me.. haha.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Chit Chat