Ridiculous Relationship/Marriage

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Ridiculous Relationship/Marriage

Postby RagDoll » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:50 pm

Londongirl wrote:I know with my ex (we were together almost 6 years), we were on and off every few months (because of me) until finally him travelling to thailand ended it once and for all! I was like your friend in that i liked him being around, we got on well etc, but i just didn't feel that love you are supposed to feel for someone you want to stay with. Having a child with someone makes that ten times worse I'd imagine...

Yeh, having a child does make it harder to break up, BUT surely having a child is all the more reason to just make up your mind one way or another and stick to it?! She must be messing with his head :-?
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby captainf » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:33 am

How frustrating. Its ashame your friend cant stick to one decision.
Thing is, did she come clean about all the cheating shes done? If not, perhaps you could advise her very clearly that its the best thing to do. If she confesses it could be the final nail in the coffin from her partners point of view and then she couldnt go running back to him.
She should never of cheated in the first place, it doesnt matter if she wasnt in love with him, she slept with her ex, then someone else. She shouldnt try to tie that man to her just because they have a kid, while she goes out sleeping with others. Thats just a complete lack of respect for her partner and their child.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby wakeupbomb » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:35 pm

What does your friend's husband-to-be think of all this? I know they've got kids together - well a 50% chance anyway... - but he really shouldn't be putting up with this. Even though he doesn't know about the infidelity, you'd have to be asking some serious questions about your partner's commitment if on the verge of the supposed happiest day of your life, you keep splitting up with each other every two weeks! I'm not sure if they're aware of this, although they ought to be, but it becomes somewhat more complex to split up once you're married! It would be better for both parties if he got out of it, and stayed out.
wakeupbomb
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Previous

Return to Friends