Moving Week!

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Moving Week!

Postby spacegirl » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:41 pm

will i need to buy wedding presents also for a certain pp romance? :wink:

photo frames and champagne flutes this time
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby rufio89 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:28 pm

I like candles! I was thinking of buying lots of candles as the house is quite cold and I thought candles might warm it up a bit haha :oops:

ILC - Stop hijaking everyones threads with your irresistableness :p this is an advice board dontyouknow :P

haha, think Wedding Presents might be jumping the gun by 10 years or so, but I will keep you updated :p

I LOVE this house. Except the shower is broken grr. It's nice having a house where Im not sharing with a housemate so I can have things my way :)
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby spacegirl » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:23 pm

so glad you're settling in rufio :) a new house is so exciting isn't it? although with your prince charming it must be so much more exciting than with... flatmates. :roll:

so have you got all new furniture? are you redecorating?
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby rufio89 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:55 am

It is :) I love this, I've always moved into places where someone else was already living there, so they were already doing things their way, so it's so nice to move in somewhere thats blank and MINE (I know it's not JUST mine, but my boyfriend has said he'll let me do things my way and speak up if he doesnt like something or he has an idea).

We havent got new furniture, my sister moved out of her flat to go travelling so she's donated me all of her furniture, which is nice for me as it means it's all familiar and comforting, but it's nice stuff too so it's good for Mr Rufio.

We cant redecorate unfortunatly as it's rented and the owners want us to keep it the same but it's all pretty neutral so we can make things look different with stuff.

It's SO quiet there as well, it's been such a long time since I've been able to sleep through the night!!
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby ILoveChristmas » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:09 am

rufio89 wrote:It's SO quiet there as well, it's been such a long time since I've been able to sleep through the night!!

So your worries over noises and things that go bump in the night have proven unfounded?!

Glad to hear you and Mr Rufio are settling in well. We need more pictures now you've got your things in it!
Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. - Stephen Fry.

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. — Steve Furtick
ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby snail » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:00 pm

Yes - I want to see pictures of the candles.

:P
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby spacegirl » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:46 pm

it's YOURS - You're the girl so you can decorate it how you like, mr rufio can just like it or lump it.

(oh how very chauvinist of me and all that)

I have to admit, I'm a bit of a mentalcase when it comes to candles as well. I literally cannot walk past candles without buying some. Especially the smelly kind. I'm the same with photo frames, although I haven't developed a roll of film in about 5 years so I have lots of empty frames everywhere!

How handy is that about getting the furniture donated! Lucky you!!!
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Previous

Return to Chit Chat