Do I trust my friend??

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Do I trust my friend??

Postby anna12345 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:44 pm

I have been going out with my boyfriend for almost a year who I met through one of my close friends Mandy. Mandy didn't know him that well but worked in the same company and I met him through a friend of her friend.

After a few months of dating him, Mandy said to me that she doesn't like him and doesn't trust him. She said she always thought my boyfriend fancied her, and whenever she has met him, he has always been flirty with her and always thought he was coming on to her. She told me she was uncomfortable around him and didn't like me going out with him. Every time I see her, she implies as if he is only going out with me to get to her, and he has settled for me as a second choice as she didn't want him. Whenever he phones or meets me, she said he is doing it to check up on her and check if she is with another man.

I asked my boyfriend about this and he says he has only met her a couple of times and has hardly spoken to her. He says he thinks she is attractive but has never fancied her or tried it on with her and doesn't know where she is getting that from.

I don't know who to believe, as my boyfriend hasn't been out with many girls and I can't imagine him chatting up every girl wherever he goes. And most of my other friends don't particularly like Mandy as they think it is typical of her as she can be quite arrogant sometimes.

I don't know who to believe, my friend or my boyfriend. And don't know why she has to keep stirring things up.. Do I still stay friends with her, or do I not trust my boyfriend??
anna12345
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Do I trust my friend??

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:52 am

aSK HER TO LET YOU KNOW THE NEXT TIME THIS HAPPENS, THEN YOU CAN FIND OUT IF YOUR B/F IS EVEN AROUND when she makes the claim
oops was on caps :oops:
I think it sounds like she is lying and jealous for whatever reason
Ask her if there is anything specific she can give you as proof as people can often get things confused, i.e he is being friendly, she mistakes it as flirting.
If he really was using you to get to her he would be engineering get togethers with all of you but from what you said he hasn't.
I would be wary of your friend to be honest
Ypu could actually arrange a night out with all of you and see how the are together. See if you can get another friend to keep an eye on things so you don't look like your worried about it, that will encourage her more
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby snail » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:58 am

I agree. What does your gut tell you here? That's often a good indication. Does it tell you to trust Mandy, or your boyfriend?
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby lovehate17 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:18 pm

Hey, I agree with Snail. Ask your gut what you feel.
Though if she is one of your close friends then you know should know what she is like. Has she exaggerated or made things up before? If so then be careful, it could always be her that is jealous of him. But if not and is a nice person and a good then I’m afraid I’m struggling of a reason why she would pluck this out of air.
Hope you get this sorted :)
lovehate17
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Friends