Home and Away - where are you??

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Home and Away - where are you??

Postby everloney » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:00 pm

Hi everyone, not sure if you guys were missing me... cough... but i thought i would post and apologise for my absence.... I have just been working really, really hard in the lab and ajusting to being in a serious relationship... i did not remember how much time THAT takes up... :).

Things are ok, me and the bf have been together for 5 months, i love him. hes the best BF i have ever had and i have totally got over my issues with height :P. So for now we are happy together *cheesyheart* . Its nice and makes my years of wining about being single seem silly now... i guess everyone was right, i was going to meet a great man... plus hes my best friend too. Ok i'll stop...

As for work things are alot better, i gave up karate started working 14 hr + days and most weekends and tried to me more focused on work. I started to get data and my boss is not being such an ass.... hes still an ass.... but not as bad.... next may my contract ends and i will be looking for a new job, so putting all my energy into getting a paper this year so i can get another postdoc job.... turns out i do love science.... i want to return to the UK, hoping BF can get a job there so i don't have to marry him to stay together.... that would suck and i will prob just look for a job here for a few more years to avoid that... just not ready to marry him and i would like to do it for love... you know?

Anyway i hope you are all good, message me your life updates!!
everloney
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby captainf » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:15 pm

Jolly good news! Sounds like things have improved significantly. Im ever so pleased for you :) Im particularly pleased your work related matters seem to be alot better now and your relationship is still going strong.
As for life updates - I went out formation flying a few weeks ago which was incredibly good fun.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby snail » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:29 pm

Funnily enough I was just thinking about you two days ago, Ever! I was literally thinking "doesn't look as though Everloney will be coming back, I wonder how it all worked out for her". Perhaps you're psychic :o

Thanks for the lovely update :D

Other absentees, if you're lurking - take note! We want to hear what's going on with you [-X
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:41 pm

I am so happy for you Everlonely. It doesn't seem that long ago you were single but I am glad it has all worked out especially with nasty boss man :D
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby captainf » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:56 pm

Hmm things seem quiet on PP lately!
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby snail » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:52 pm

Guess it's the time of year :-k Snails don't go on holiday, of course [-(

Start a saucy thread to perk us all up, Captain :-s

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby captainf » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:25 pm

Hmm! Yeah I guess so.

Saucy thread eh? ;) :D
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby captainf » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:07 am

I apologise for not being around much lately. I have been taking a little time out for myself recently. I found that the past 2 weeks I havent been eating too well and thought maybe something was bothering me but I think i've just had abit of a bug really. I went flying earlier today and spent a little while circling over Cambridge taking photos before I felt really ill and diverted into a neighbouring airfield. I rested there for about 2hrs and managed to fly back home safely. Anyway, just incase you were wondering why I havent been about lately, or havent answered PM's yet this is the reason why. When im back to health i'll reply to messages. :)
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby brfc » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:53 am

Hi guys

Sorry i havnt been around for a while but ive been busy on other things. Looking forward too next week as im going up too Lancashire on holiday with my mum dad and little boy. looking forward too a nice break and too spend some daddy time with the little one. hope your all ok. Take care and ill catch up with you again soon

Brfc
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:02 pm

Hope you enjoy the holiday BRFC 8)

Hope you get better soon captainf. Nice to hear you have been flying, shame you weren't on top form.

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Jess1234 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:08 pm

*pokes head in*

It's been a really long time since I've been on here properly! This year seems to have just gone by in the blink of an eye... but I shall have more time to visit now (mainly due to being too ill to make it into uni but thats another story) so I shall see you all around =)

Jess
~ Vision is knowing who you are, where you are going, and what will guide your journey ~
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby snail » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:45 pm

Hello Jess :D Nice to see you.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:07 pm

Welcome back Jess. :D

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby peecee » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:54 pm

Jess! Great big hug for you, sweet pea! :D

See, some of the old wrinklies are still here (well - one of them... :oops: ). Now sit down and tell us about your health, yes? I think it's down to a lack of ice cream, and I AM medically trained. :^o

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jess1234 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:43 pm

Glad to see familiar faces around :D I shall make a separate post about my medical probs I think... I don't think it's due to lack of icecream, my housemates and I seem to get through an awful lot of it, maybe it's due to too much icecream? :-k

xxxxxxx
~ Vision is knowing who you are, where you are going, and what will guide your journey ~
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat