Talk online, but never offline

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Talk online, but never offline

Postby emotionalwreck_ » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:35 pm

Heya, well a couple of weeks ago, i started talking to this guy in my class over facebook, and we chatted a lot, but when it comes to real life we don't speak to each other at all. I mean the next day after we had chatted online, I saw him but I didn't say hi or anything because I got nervous and was worried he wouldn't say hi back. Unfortunately he was aware of this, and I dno what he thinks about this. But to be honest he didn't say hi either. Since this incident, he hardly goes on facebook now, and I think he may be avoiding me cuz he's probably thinking, oh what's the point of talking online if we don't even talk in real life? And everytime I see him in real life I want to smile but I can't bring myself to do it, and last time he looked at me and then I swiftly turned my head which I know was very rude of me. In real life, he's always with his friends so I can't just go up to him and say hi and start a converstation. He's in my tutor but we don't say hi because he never looks in my direction and he's with his friend as well. Anyway, all I want to do is talk to him, because he seems like a nice guy. If he were to go on facebook again, should I say hi? Or would he think, why is she saying hi to me, if she didnt talk to me in real life?
emotionalwreck_
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Talk online, but never offline

Postby RagDoll » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:12 am

I think you should at least start saying hi, or even just smile at this guy before you start speaking to him over Facebook again. I know you're probably just shy, but the way you turned away when he was looking at you would have come across as if you're not interested in having any communication with him.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to Friends