I cant believe im free

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I cant believe im free

Postby Mmms » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:39 pm

But would anyone else feel like killing themselves in a place like my previous place? Cause this time last year i was going to kill myself, i just couldn't take it any more. It was mostly due to people's ignorance and lack of cop on.

There was so much negativity between colleugues. Loads of witching. I kept to myself alot cause i didnt want to join in. If people found out you were improving your life in any way, they got you down by telling you that you wont make it or cant do it.

I was sexually harassed by some fella. He constantly put me into an awkward place by always talking sexual things. He wouldnt talk to me any other time. I eventually ignored all his talk and he moved on.

The lack of team work was a real killer for me. I am a person who wants to help people in life in any way i can. We all did the same job in work and yet there was so much competition. Management never thanked you for being better either so i dont know why there was competition. There was no prospects to climb the ladder either so they wernt licking ass.

Just the past summer i was insulted twice about my age. Im 28 and spent 6 years in the place. So i started at 22 back in 2004. ... I have been there for 6 years and someone asked me when will i be 21? They were there longer than me. So they thought i was 20. Was i invisible for 6 years? If i was 20 and started 6 years ago in 2004, i must have started work at 14. .... Starting work at 14 was ok in 60s but 2004??? Its just a bit of cop on and simple maths thats required there. Even if i finished school and went straight to work, i should be at least 23, not 20.

I liked a fella there and he led me on recently. I was really hurt. ... Basically once his excuses started. One of them he said he cant just get up and go and see me. I asked him why not, then he goes that he isn't some 16 year old lad. ... Is that what he saw me as, a teenager? Even if he said some 20 something year old, it would have been better cause they can still act like mature enough lads. .... Turns out he was seeing someone and just wanted an ego boost. ...And just writing that down made me realise he isn't worth it. As long as he's working there and being dragged down himself (he can be negative himself), and seeing someone else, it will never happen.

There has been loads more. But am i being too sensitive here?
Mmms
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: I cant believe im free

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:14 pm

You say it's your previous place so you aren't there anymore

Just put all these sad people behind you and be glad your survived it. As the saying goes "What doesn't kill you can only make you stronger"

Sounds like you were having a bad time at work and that probably made you more sensitive because you were always on edge but it also sounds like you just had a bad run of luck, they can happen.

Put it behind you and move on, maybe 2011 will be the complete opposite and you will meet the man of your dreams, get a great job/promotion and win the lottery :P
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Mmms » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:49 pm

Bel Bel wrote:You say it's your previous place so you aren't there anymore

Just put all these sad people behind you and be glad your survived it. As the saying goes "What doesn't kill you can only make you stronger"

Sounds like you were having a bad time at work and that probably made you more sensitive because you were always on edge but it also sounds like you just had a bad run of luck, they can happen.

Put it behind you and move on, maybe 2011 will be the complete opposite and you will meet the man of your dreams, get a great job/promotion and win the lottery :P

Ha, hope so. Right now i am happy where i am in my life. Im back in college and loving it. And as for the man of my dreams, i dont think that will happen for quite some time. I am putting 100% for this course and that wont happen if there is a guy around. Iv been hurt and just the thought of it happening again. Especially during an important time in my life. I dont want to be messed around again. Alot of them can be just to much hassle and far too quick. But i am happy alone now and thats all that matters really.
Mmms
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:18 pm

Ok just the lottery and pass your course with distinctions then :P
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Work & Colleagues