What is his problem??

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

What is his problem??

Postby whoopsie » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:27 pm

Grr. This has really annoyed me.

I found a pic of my cats on my ex's facebook. It's a really gorgeous photo, my favourite one of them and he took it. I wrote a comment, mentioned that one of them was ill, blah blah and he replied back asking what was wrong with Billy.

Anyhoo, last night someone knocked my wing mirror off my car. I went on facebook to rant and commented again on the photo explaining what was wrong with Billy and said 'you don't fancy looking at my wing mirror do you? Someone knocked it off in the night etc'. He was always really good with cars and I've called him before since splitting up with him to help me with my car more than once.

He replied back and said 'to be honest, not really. Sorry it happened and I hope Billy gets better'

This has really annoyed me. The split was nearly 4 years ago, a bit problematic at times (my fault), but we've still chatted on facebook and stuff. Do you think it's cos I'm married now?
=^..^=
whoopsie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: What is his problem??

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:38 pm

It might well be; he might be feeling jealous and therefore bitter about the whole thing. Shame he was so blunt about it....(and I hope Billy gets better too :))
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby RagDoll » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:14 pm

I don't mean to be horrible, but why is it you think he should come over and fix your wing mirror?!

To my mind, this is something that either a partner should look into for you, or a good friend, and he doesn't fall into either category by the sounds of it. Depending on how much you see/chat to him (which I am assuming isn't that often by the sounds of your post) I can see why he didn't want to look at it for you to be honest.
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby whoopsie » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:44 pm

I didn't think he should come over, I was just wondering if he could if he was free. Unfortunately my husband is rubbish with cars, and my ex is the only person local to me who I know would know about these sort of things. To be honest, I didn't really expect him to, and perhaps I was just trying to make conversation (obviously went the wrong way about that!!)

His reaction to it was just a bit out of character for him, I expected him to say he was busy if anything. I think that's why it has annoyed me. Only a few months ago, (July) we were talking about meeting up cos he was supposed to be moving to Canada and he was a massive part of my life for 3.5 years so I wanted to say bye (Literally just bye, maybe a hug nothing more). I don't know what's happening with his move, it keeps being put on hold.

It's not the fact that he didn't want to look at it for me, it was just the bluntness - as pointed out by Dips - that kind of shocked me.
=^..^=
whoopsie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby whoopsie » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:45 pm

dipsydoodlenoodle wrote:and I hope Billy gets better too :))

Thanks. If only his mummy remembered to give him his tablet #-o
=^..^=
whoopsie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby snail » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:24 pm

Maybe he is trying to draw more of a line under your relationship, either because you're now married or perhaps because his current partner has objected to the two of you being in contact, or perhaps because his move has been cancelled and he'll be around more now. Or perhaps he was just in a rush, or having a bad day. There are several possibilities, you'll have to see how it develops.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby whoopsie » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:14 pm

He doesn't have a girlfriend, hasn't since me.

A guess a person can change alot in 4 years. Oh well.
=^..^=
whoopsie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:06 pm

whoopsie wrote:He doesn't have a girlfriend, hasn't since me.

A guess a person can change alot in 4 years. Oh well.

A person can. Like snail said; he could have been having an off day or in a hurry. Try not to take it to heart; you can still try and chat to him occasionally if you want to.

whoopsie wrote:
dipsydoodlenoodle wrote:and I hope Billy gets better too :))

Thanks. If only his mummy remembered to give him his tablet #-o

[-X I hope she remembers to :p
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Friends