My Dog Died

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

My Dog Died

Postby fiftyone » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:19 pm

Hi - I was never a doggy person and when we got ours 15 years ago when the children were little I was the last one to be won over as there was so much work to do with children AND a dog. But as time went by I became her focus and she my pal. She died this week and I am really devastated by the impact it has had on me - never having had a dog in my life. I'm very sad indeed and the children have left home and seem to have dealt with it easier than me. I miss having her in the house and even tripping up over her is missed. Just want a bit of support I guess. She was very ill at the end and had to be put to sleep.
fiftyone
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: My Dog Died

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:38 pm

:grouphug:
I'm sorry fiftyone.
I too am not a doggy person but I think you can't help but fall in love with them when they are around all the time
Would you consider getting another one? I know it won't replace the one you had but it may help with the lonliness.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

My Dog Died

Postby Skarlet » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:26 pm

I am really sorry about your dog. They do find a way into your heart and it's awful when you lose them.

Maybe you could look into rescuing a older dog and giving them a loving caring home.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby fiftyone » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:04 pm

Thanks BelBel and Skarlet - really appreciate it. Am trying to get out and about to take my mind of it as I live on my own and the house is full of reminders. I'm hoping that in time things will improve and am going on holiday soon which should help. Its not that I want to forget her its more I don't want to dwell on it and become more depressed. Little things bring tears to my eyes. Can't help it.

I was saying to a friend today that I might take in other people's dogs for weekends and that sort of thing - even day care just to ease the transition from being a dog owner to not being one anymore. The way I feel now is that I never want to go through this pain again so am not planning on getting another one. She was pretty special to us.
fiftyone
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bel Bel » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:15 am

That's a really good idea looking after other peoples dogs fiftyone. You don't have to have the permanent ties, can get all your doggy love out and someone else gets to go away for the weekend - sounds perfect. Receipe for a good business perhaps :D
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby spacegirl » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:13 am

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how you feel my cat passed away recently (she was old) and i'm still devastated and miss her all the time. would you consider another pet?
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Cheer me up!