Christmas?

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Christmas?

Postby rufio89 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:08 am

Hello,

It's less than a week away, is everyone ready for Christmas?

It's my Dads birthday on Boxing Day and in an attempt to relieve some of the stress from my parents, I have volunteered to host Boxing Day dinner at my house. I have cooked it the last few years, but for some reason it's causing me a lot more stress having it here! So that's dinner for 8, oh dear!

But presents are all sorted, except for Mr. Rufio, but I know what I am getting and will be getting it when I get paid on Monday!

How is everyone else doing?

Does anyone have any exciting Christmas plans?
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: Christmas?

Postby RagDoll » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:33 pm

Just about ready I think - still need to wrap Mr Ragdoll's prezzies, but besides that I am done. I've got my parent's a laptop this year and they don't know anything about it so am looking forward to giving them that :)

Having a nightmare trying to think of my Dad a 60th birthday prezzie for 31st December though! :roll:

Christmas day we're spending with my parents, the days around Christmas day, Mr. R's family are up so we'll have to spend it with them!
We don’t see things the way they are; we see things the way we are
RagDoll
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby snail » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:38 pm

I think I'm ready, apart from buying the chocolates, which I have to do at the last minute or I eat them all and have to go and buy them again (an event which happens frequently :oops: ).

I have no exciting plans, which I'm rather glad of. Let us know how your big dinner goes, Rufio.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Christmas?

Postby Skarlet » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:29 pm

Most of the presents I need to get are sorted, bar for the new guy I am seeing.

Christmas day we are eating out, Boxing day is our turkey all the trimmings day. Nothing special though.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:47 pm

Rufio, If I host boxing day I just do a nibbles and a salad spread. I find people are already tired of big dinners by boxing day.
So it's sausage rolls, prawn skewers, rice salad, cheese platter etc. Much easier to manage.

I am ready. I am one of those annoying people who shops for present in October. I was very late this year but done by early December. Everything got wrapped on Saturday and the last of the food shop was done yesterday. I went mad and bought it all at Marks and Spencer :o . It better be nice because it cost enough.

Hope you all have a fantastic one. Remember it is only one day so try not to over eat. Get drunk though (use diet mixers) :P

Snail I think as Christmas is supposed to be different than the rest of the year you shouldn't have Chocolate and Pee should therefore stay off the drink. :lol:
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Chit Chat