Waking up on my birthday on my own

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Waking up on my birthday on my own

Postby chosenfew » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:01 am

Well I'm 24 tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it at all. I went out boxing night with the babys dad and we had murder and we've broke up. I don't wanna get back with him and I'm not too bothered about the split but it's just dawned on me that I'm waking up on my birthday alone. Think it's the first year I have and it's nit a nice thought. I don't even have a single card to open and I kno the babys dad is too selfish to think to get me a card off our son even thou last year on 22nd dec he spat in my face yet I still got him stuff for Xmas off our son. CBA

x
chosenfew
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Re: Waking up on my birthday on my own

Postby snail » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:03 pm

But it must be better to wake up alone than in an unhappy relationship with someone who doesn't value you or who upsets you? And there's no reason you have to spend the day itself alone - apart from your son, can't you call on someone or go out for a coffee with someone? How about giving yourself some sort of birthday treat?

And remember there'll be another birthday next year, and the year after that, and the year after that - you're still very young. They can all get better if you want them to.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby chosenfew » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:20 pm

Hi snail. Thanks for the reply. To be honest iv never had a good birthday I just don't normally start it off by waking up on my own. Maybe things can only get better from that point thou ay? x
chosenfew
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby brfc » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:51 am

a new year and a new hopefully happier you chosen. its hard breaking up especially when you have kids. (i have a son like you) but you need too for your own happiness sometimes. my ex treated me like rubbish too and im far happier away from that now. onwards and upwards eh? :) hope you have a great birthday
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby chosenfew » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:22 pm

Thanks brfc. Have a great new year x
chosenfew
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby brfc » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:43 pm

Thanks chosen you too xx