Clumsy :(

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Clumsy :(

Postby rufio89 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:54 pm

I just needed a bit of a rant.

I lost my purse on Friday morning. I know I had it when I got on the bus, but then I didnt have it when I got to work. I called the police station a few times over the weekend and the bus company and no-ones handed it in. I'm trying to be calm about it but I just cant afford this :(

There were £110 of Asda vouchers in there that I'd got from work, I've had to pay £20 for a new provisonal licence because my theory is booked for the 27th so I need it right away. I also had a receipt in there for £30 which I was supposed to be claiming back on expenses, and I've had to pay £15 in bus tickets because my bus pass was in there. Not to mention the purse itself which was £30 :(

It wouldnt be so bad, but just before Christmas I smashed the screen on my iphone and I had to pay a £100 excess to get it replaced, and so my phone bill this month was £160.

We got paid on the 20th December, then not again until the 31st Jan, so with Christmas and my phone bill and my other half messing up our council tax payments and us having to pay £300 for it this month, I've now got £10 to last me until the end of January, no bank cards, no bus pass.

I'm not happy :(
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: Clumsy :(

Postby captainf » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:06 pm

Thats unlucky.
I hope your purse shows up.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby peecee » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:43 pm

Ah, rufio! :(

You're ranting like this because you don't expect your purse to turn up. :evil:

I've been in your shoes, stuck in London with no purse, no money, no student union card (I'd already lost two!) no ticket home. It was only thanks to a (penniless student) friend that I managed to get home. I'm so sorry this has happened to you; reconcile yourself to the likelihood that it won't ever turn up - you've cancelled your credit cards, haven't you? Can you inform the bus company that your pass has been nicked? And if someone in my company told me that their receipt had been nicked, I would pay their expenses anyway - won't that happen in your company?

Yes, it's horrible, feeling out of control, and thinking some git has nicked your important, very personal property. That's worse than losing the dosh, and I'm sorry it's happened to you. But I can tell you, it won't be long before you get past it, and get on with your life. Because you have to. But feel free to rant about it...

It will probably be a very long time before you lose another purse, petal. :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby snail » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:13 am

That's awful, Rufio :(

Can't you get a replacement bus pass, the same one re-issued?

You can't manage on £10 until the end of the month - can you borrow any money?
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby reckoner » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:42 am

Right, you're going to think I've gone completely bonkers. I need to state clearly beforehand that I'm not, nor ever expect to be, remotely religious. But I met this spiritual healer who was mad as a fish, but also rather likeable, who told me what I'm about to tell you.

Apparently, angels are waiting to help you and have been assigned to aid with every possible 'department' there is, but they are concerned because people at large have got the praying thing all wrong: you're not supposed to ask them for help, you're supposed to authorise them to help you. You have to be crystal clear about what you want, and address the correct department. For example (and no joke, she gave me a printout and I'm quoting directly):

"Dear angels handling car tires. I have my car in for repair and need 4 new tires, but can only pay for two. I authorise you to, somehow, get me 4 new tires for the price of 2. [it is, apparently, critical to conclude with] if it pleases the divine presence."

The more altruistic the request, the higher priority it's given, but the angels understand that "you can't help people swim to shore if you're struggling to swim yourself".

The car tire guy was, she said, one of the most sceptical people she'd ever come across and wept, apparently, when he went to collect his car and found that, due to an administrative error, all four tires had been replaced instead of the two he'd ordered.

I'm not saying I believe it as such, nor is believing a requirement, she said, so in those times of need, what have you got to lose?

Good luck x
reckoner
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Chit Chat