Advice on tattoo.

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Advice on tattoo.

Postby BroodyBirdy » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:15 pm

Hiya.

Not sure where to put this post as its no major problem just looking for a little advice as looked online and cant find an affirmitive answer.

Its my birthday end of Feb and i am thinking of getting a tattoo (my first). So slightly scary. (However thats not the issue)
Im also going abroad in April (mid April) and just wondering if having a tattoo in Feb and going on hol in April will be okay??? Anybody have any ideas what the 'safe & ideal' time limit is between the 2? As i dont want it to be ruined or affect me. And i will most definately be swimming and sunbathing (praying for sun) - [[which is the limiting factor for tattoos and holiday]]

Any ideas??
BroodyBirdy
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Advice on tattoo.

Postby ILoveChristmas » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:02 am

The two best people to speak to would be your doctor and the tatoo artist.

You are in effect giving yourself an open wound, so normal healing times for something like that would need to be observed. Thereafter i'd imagine the area would remain tender and sensitive for some time.

Could you take your holiday and then have your tatoo done when you come back? You could still plan your design before you go and book the appointment for when you come home.
Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. - Stephen Fry.

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. — Steve Furtick
ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby snail » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:36 am

In my experience they heal within 10 days. You need to keep a tattoo out of the sun in order to keep the colours sharp for as long as possible though.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BroodyBirdy » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:08 pm

Just to update...
Ive booked my tattoo for 2weeks today. Spoke to the tattooist about going on holiday and the 'safe time' is roughly 6weeks so all will be ok :)
Thanks for response x
BroodyBirdy
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Chit Chat