Feeling stressed out, left out and mildly heartbroken

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Feeling stressed out, left out and mildly heartbroken

Postby Tarantula » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:00 am

Hi guys.... Could just do with some reassurance that this is just a passing phase.

Well basically I found out on friday night that the guy I really, really liked (as in, more than I've ever liekd anyone on first impressions) and was willing to hold out for, has met someone else.

I'm in uni halls and I sometimes feel left out because the others all seem so much younger than me and they all bond and I'm left out of in jokes, and not invited to join them when they watch movies together etc etc. I really try to be liked but I've classically been on the outside looking in, always. :-({|=

I have so much work to do for my (law) course and I'm meant to be taking part in a mock trial on wednesday, which I'm thoroughly unprepared for and my partner, who I'm meant to be doing the trial with, has entirely let me down by not responding to my attempts to arrange a meetup so we can go over things. At this rate I'm just gonna look silly when I withdraw my participation.

And I haven't been to the gym in a week, which is a really big deal for me but my motivation has taken a holiday, along with my overall happiness

I really was banking a lot on this guy even though I know it was silly to do so. And then I feel pathetic for even being upset about it.

I have so much laundry to do

and so much work and I just want a week to go on holiday somewhere in the country by myself and meditate every day in solitude and I want the wheel to just stop turning for a bit while I get over all these things

lost my energy, I can't believe he met someone else. What about meeeeeee.

But the thing is

there's this lovely guy who's asked me out for Thursday and I said yes, and I don't want to still be out of kilter by then. That said - and this will sound ridiculous - I'm worried that it may be 'too soon', that I'll somehow be obligated into things when I go. But he seems really nice.

Just feel quite lonely and sad and like everything is overwhelming me right now.
Tarantula
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Re: Feeling stressed out, left out and mildly heartbroken

Postby ennis81 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:58 am

Aww thats not nice, I understand why you are disappointed about that bloke, but its his loss eh!!
Go on your date on thursday and get yourself all dolled up, when you look good you feel good.
You seem to have a lot going on right now and of course you're going to feel a bit overwhelmed. Correct me if i'm wrong but you haven't been on your course for too long have you? Maybe you need a bit more time to settle in and make more friends.
Think you are just disappointed about that bloke you liked so much & you are letting the other stuff snowball, deal with one thing at a time.

I hope you don't mind me commenting but I think you are a beautiful writer, your posts are always so well written, you definitely have a gift for expressing yourself well.

Hope your feeling a bit better today. :)
ennis81
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby red.nails » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:13 am

Did this guy know how you felt? Did he ever feel the same way or act like he did?
If the answer is no, espically to the last one then take a chance with the gut that asked you out :D

They proberly feel just the same way with you been slightly older? Maybe you should sugest a flat movie night? Or all go to the pub together, make the first move.
Can you prepare ithout your partner?

What always helps me is to make a list of all the things that need fixing to put them into perspective, as lets say it'll only take you half an hour to do your laundry thats one thing you can cross off your list :D
red.nails
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Tarantula » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:47 pm

Hi red.nails. That was a while ago now but just to clarify, yeah the guy did know how I felt and yes he did reciprocate; he's a bartender and we agreed to meet when I was back from uni over Xmas. He knew I was holding out for him and failed to let me know when he'd met someone else until I asked, when I was back. Up until then I thought the deal still stood.

Was stung, but you move on from these things. Anyway thanks for your replies chaps. :)
Tarantula
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Cheer me up!