Exam Stress

For any worries about education in general.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Exam Stress

Postby Foxy136 » Wed May 21, 2003 2:59 pm

Hi. Im not under 16 but I am studying for exams. Ive already got my place for university next year so it doesnt matter if I pass these or not but I was just wondering if anyone else tries to revise and just get totally overwhelmed.
Im never going to be able to remember everything. Or even most of it. Im studing quite hard subjects but im only doing 2 but I feel like I can feel all the inforation whizzing about my brain and hitting of my skull!
he he im not really looking for advice just to see if anyone relates to me?

oh well, back to the books!

Foxy x
Foxy136
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Westwood » Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:27 pm

Yep, I do psychology for A-Level and it is certainly not a subject you can blag. You either know or and your gonna do well or you don't and you will do badly.

I'm definetely the latter of these two at the moment.

Back to the books for me too. Exam on Thursday :cry: :(
Relationships are built on 3 things....Love, Trust and Respect....If you ain't got them, you ain't got a relationship!!
Westwood
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Clairebabebear » Sat Jun 14, 2003 7:09 pm

Yeah i agree, I'm a Teacher so i deal alot with stress and i went tho the same thing as u did. All u have to do is do some revising and the go out wit ur friend this way u will forget about the stress and enjoy ur self thats wat i did and it worked really well.
Well good luk with ur Exams :lol:
Clairebabebear
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

GCSEs comeing soon

Postby hitchcockm00 » Sun Aug 24, 2003 5:15 pm

I'm going into year 10 when the hols finish and I'm getting worried because I don't do very well at coursework and some of the subjects require us to do lots, whenever I have done coursework before I have either left it to late or worked on it so hard that I have been tired the next day in school and not been able to take in the information in the classes, please could someone give me an idea about how much work I should do on coursework.
Look into my eyes and its easy to see,
one and one make two, two and one make three.
hitchcockm00
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby sovs » Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:07 am

Your getting stressed for nothing, you havent got to do that much in year 10, its year 11 you should worry about.
Normally home dosent have to be in straight away so do a bit at a time, and dont rush it.

Hope you enjoy the new term

Sovs :wink:
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Exam Stress

Postby t.vi.epf » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:35 am

Hello!

If the exam is the origin of your stress, you must find a concentration method suitable for you and your environment.

If you think it is debilitating stress, I suggest a psychologist, this can be a solution. Especially not to see the psychiatrist as a "crazy doctor" but as someone who has a habit of this kind of problem. He can quickly identify your problem (and therefore to find solutions).

Personally, I practice sports, it is very helpful in managing stress.

Obviously you are in a classic pattern of spiral stress: you anticipate having to introduce yourself to your exams, so you stress in advance, and arrived at the moment of your exam, all the pressure is built up and makes you lose your means.

It seems to me important that you break this pattern. Some examples come to mind (inspired by real life situations and people I know): a few moments out of the room to break the rhythm take 5-10 minutes at the beginning of a session (it depends on the length of course ) to do other things or practicing relaxation exercises previously learned.

Good luck.

Stress management is something very personal. Do not expect to find on this forum someone who can tell you: Do it, it works every time. "The advice that you can find here will allow you by cons (I hope) to find your own way to fight
t.vi.epf
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Exam Stress

Postby snail » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:57 am

Just to say that this thread is 8 years old, so Foxy probably no longer has this problem.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to School, College & University