Lesbian, but dreamt I was attracted to a girl with a penis?

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Lesbian, but dreamt I was attracted to a girl with a penis?

Postby The Annonymous Potato » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:54 pm

When I ask what does this dream mean, I don't believe all that jelly like "if you dream this, you will do that" which it tells you in certain books. Dreams are based upon our subconscious. I want to know what it says might be going on in my head that I wasn't aware of. So anyway, it's based on recent events so....

IN REALITY I'm a gay girl and My step sister recently tried to set me up with one of her openly bi friends (girl A, Alice) that thought i was quite fit. So we flirted quite a bit beforehand on FB, I thought she was alright, kind of cute. Then my sister tried to set us up at her party, and things went well for all of about 5 minutes, I had my hand on her waist, then i went to get her one of my jaegermeisters from the back room and when I got back She was with the girl (girl B, Bella) she had had a crush on since forever as my dozy sister had invited her too. Fair do's, she'd only known me 5 minutes. Well they kissed apparently and got together about 2 weeks later properly. And that lasted all of one week, before openly bi Alice realised she wasn't attracted to girls. lol. And the other girl, bella who had been in the closet and come out to everyone including her strict catholic parents was not best pleased. :-?

IN MY DREAM, there was a second party. And at this party they were still together. However, they went into the toilets and there was loud screaming. They ran out and Alice looked really freaked out and disgusted and Bella looked dissapointed and embarrased. Alice said it was over, saying she was into girls, and ran off. I went over to bella to ask her what happened. And then she looked down and I looked down, and she had a huge masculine bulge under her purple velvet dress :o , and for some reason, I was INCREDIBLY attracted to her because of this (she was also "very happy to see me" :wink: ). But she looked like she was about to cry so I gave her a side hug and she explained that she had learnt to accept herself, and she quite liked her male member and wanted to keep it and thats why it upset her that Alice couldn't accept it. And the whole while i was just ridiculously aroused and so confused by the way I felt, I mean alice and bella are equally attractive I would say, but Bella's concealed weapon in that dress really did it for me for some reason. And I was being all comforting and touchy feely and saying how crazy Alice was because I found it so sexy and I was pressed against her with one arm round her and was running my other hand up over her dress until i found the bulge and felt more attracted to her than ever. And at that moment I woke up feeling disappointed and confused at the same time. ](*,)

In reality I hate penises and would rather be the one wearing the strappable substitute any day than the other way round.I am so confused right now, It's having that wierd effect on me where I'll be convinced I want something for about two days. Like if I dream about something happening with a particular girl I wouldn't normally fancy I will be temporarily attracted to her. But I wanted to know if this dream means anything? what do you think? BTW, in the dream I am certain she was intersexual, not transexual.
I shall blend in, like a potato in a swimming pool
The Annonymous Potato
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Re: Lesbian, but dreamt I was attracted to a girl with a pen

Postby snail » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:51 am

I really wouldn't worry about it. It's very common to have strange sexual dreams and to feel attracted to the central character in them for a day or two afterwards, and I don't think it means anything.

It's only a theory that dreams tell us things about our subconscious desires. Another theory that I read when briefly studying brain biology, was that the neurons fired randomly during dream sleep as a result of their regeneration sequences. The brain tries to impose some meaning on this neuronal activity, hence dreams. The 'meaning' it imposes on them necessarily reflects your own thoughts and preoccupations to a degree, but the story of the dream depends on the neurons firing and is thus random.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby all_apologies » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:48 pm

Like Snail said, I wouldn't give it too much thought. I'm gay and often have dreams about having sex with guys, and in the dreams I'm often the one doing the pursuing. I know that in waking life I am not attracted to men, so I don't let it phase me. I find it funny more than anything else! I totally agree about developing temporary attractions to people after having had a dream about them, I've done that before (not with guys though). Think about all the other crazy things you dream about doing... you wouldn't actually want to do them all in real life, so I do't think this dream is necessarily a reflection of a true desire. If you only feel attracted to women in reality then I don't think a dream should be any need you to question yourself unless in real life you actually are questioning what gender you're attracted to.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby retrochav » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:13 pm

Personally I am looking at the muddled things that happened at the party. Alice has decided she is into guys more than girls now. Therefore Bella being a hermophradite would freak Alice out. This is close to the reality that Alice wants a guy and Bella is a girl so it cant work out.

You identify as gay, as does bella, so there is a close connection. In the dream you are supporting her as you know that society isnt as accepting as it could be. The fact that Bella has a penis in the dream merely indicates that although not sexually attracted to her, you have a connection on another level.

Being turned on by a penis in a dream would be distressing when you are comfortably a lesbian, but it neednt mean that you are somehow exploring being hetrosexual or want to be penatrated by another girl. It is just likely to be a metaphor for something else - is Bella more dominating in her personality for example??

I'm a gay guy and i have occassionally dreamt of making love with women - which really does nothing for me, I usually look for other symbolic reasons - or else just laugh about it!
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Sexuality