Pass!!!! :)

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Pass!!!! :)

Postby rufio89 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:51 am

I've just got back from my second failed driving test and I am fed up :(
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: Fail :(

Postby jen » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:01 pm

Sorry to hear that Ruth.

I've not done my test yet. I did lessons last year but then had a wedding to pay for so haven't done any in a while. I'm hoping to book my theory on thurs when i get paid and i'm raging cos i keep (just) failing the mock tests.

Just try to stay positive and get a lot of practice. My other half's brother took six attempts and his mum took seven so two fails isn't that bad. I'm sure you'll do better next time. Is it just minors or majors causing you to fail?

Could it be to do with the instructor not being great? My friend failed twice and changed her instructor. She said although he was a good guy and really nice, he just wasn't a great instructor. Maybe change driving schools?

Jen
Formerly irnbrubar
jen
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby rufio89 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:11 pm

I just keep failing on stupid things that I never usually do wrong.

First time I failed just because I completely went to pieces and I did EVERYTHING wrong

This time I failed on parking, I hit the curb, which I have NEVER done before :(
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby jen » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:09 pm

That's really rubbish. It's maybe just the nerves getting to you a bit. Hope you feel better soon. I'm sure you'll do great the next time. How many hours of lessons did you have before your test?
Formerly irnbrubar
jen
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Skarlet » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:10 pm

If it's any consolation it took me a few attempts to pass, I was horrendously nervous and just messed it up each time.

You will get there Rufio.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby snail » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:42 pm

I was so nervous driving on the way to my test, I hit the kerb while driving along in a straight line :o
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby peecee » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:01 pm

My instructor yelled at me before I took my first driving test - so I was already a wreck when I signed the forms at the test centre, and my signature wobbled all the way down the page instead of across it. :o

I passed third time - I got to a point in that test where I thought "oh, bleep this - I'm sure I've failed already, so I'll just drive for my own sake, not for this miserable git sitting next to me!", and the nerves vanished completely.

I passed that time, but lots of my friends say I shouldn't have... :badgrin:

Rufio, if I can pass, anybody can. And that includes you! Just get over today's disappointment, pick yourself up tomorrow, and get back behind the wheel.

xxxxxxx
pee

Snail, that was a very naughty kerb, jumping out at you like that! [-X
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby spacegirl » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:50 pm

Boo....

All I can say after ten years of starting - hating it - stopping - starting - failing - stopping -

DON'T GIVE UP!

the worst thing you could do is get disheartened and give up which is what I did, several times. In the long run it cost me a lot of time and money before I actually got my test, (10 years from my first lesson to my actual pass day, I actually had to renew my provisional license!), your instructor wouldn't put you in for the test if he didn't think you were up to it so just have a bit more faith in yourself and you'll get through it. KEEP AT IT!

Good luck!
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby LME79 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:17 pm

Hey Rufio,

Like the others have said, don't give up. It took me three attempts to pass mine and I know how it feels when you're sitting there with the most gutting feeling in your stomach. I actually don't think there's anything like the feeling of failing your driving test ... but on the flipside there's nothing like passing it and you WILL pass it. Wallow as much as you need for tonight and then book up the next test asap and always check with the centre for cancellations. Weirdly, I passed mine in a totally different test centre than before because the aspect that made me the most nervous was the examiner (I had the same one for the first two times and he totally put me on edge). So I removed the major part of it, which was the fear of getting him again, and I drove the best I've ever driven (including post pass :lol:).

I'm not saying you necessarily should change test centres but think about what makes you the most nervous and, if you can, remove that aspect or work on it and learn from it. Before my test I asked my instructor to cover roundabouts like crazy as that's what made me the most nervous and when it came to it I heard my instructor's voice in my head.

No idea if any of that helps but there are a few of us on PP that know how you're feeling. Keep at it, girl, and keep us posted. Good luck.

xxx
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby captainf » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:34 pm

Will you be retaking your test again any time soon?
I went to pieces on my first test and failed.. I passed on the second go. Just keep at it and when you do the test try to relax and remember you are on your test because you are good enough to pass.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:41 pm

My next test is booked for the 28th June. Can you believe I booked it on the 30th April and that was the first available date? So I've not driven for about 6 weeks now, eek, I got a lesson next weekend. Hope I dont mess it up this time! I feel like it's constantly hanging over my head at the moment.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby captainf » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:48 pm

Wow that is quite a wait! Good luck for it though.
Maybe the 6 weeks out that you've had will of given you time to get over failing last time and give you a clear mind for the next test :)
Hopefully your lesson will go well next week too. Remember to just relax :)
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby misatok11 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:35 am

When i did my test i didnt' tell anyone as that alleviated some of the pressure on myself. If i did fail then no-one wouldve known.

Just think of it as another driving lesson. Helped me.

Fingers crossed for you.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby rufio89 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:16 pm

I PASSED! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO :)
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Skarlet » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:45 pm