Remembrance

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Remembrance

Postby rufio89 » Mon May 23, 2011 11:26 am

A friend of mine passed away yesterday. I hadnt seen her for a while so I wasnt at the top of the call list, so I found out through Facebook :(

She had a 12 year old daughter, my heart just breaks for her.

She had a long battle with cancer, so I hope she's at peace now.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby jen » Mon May 23, 2011 1:10 pm

Really sorry to hear that Ruth. Hope you're ok

x
Formerly irnbrubar
jen
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby captainf » Mon May 23, 2011 11:27 pm

Gosh so sorry to hear that Ruth. :(
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:28 pm

My Grandma passed away on Friday after a short illness. We were very close and it is a terrible loss to me, although it's yet to sink in at all really. I dont feel like I've reacted yet, but I'm sure I will.

I am going to miss her horribly, but I am very fortunate that I got to say goodbye. The last thing she ever said to me was that she loved me and was proud of me.

She was the cleverest, strongest most incredible person I've ever met in my life and she will be missed by many people.

I love you Grandma, I will always love you. Rest in peace.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby captainf » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:10 am

heartbreaking news, Ruth. You have my deepest sympathy and I hope you and your family are starting to cope abit better with your loss. :grouphug:
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby captainf » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:26 pm

Sleep well our yorkshire terrier, Peppy, that had to be put to sleep this afternoon. 1995 - 2012. :(
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:36 pm

Sorry to hear about your dog Captain.

I got a call this morning saying a friend of mine took his own life on Tuesday. I think I'm in shock but to be honest I dont think Im entirely surprised. He's been very unhappy for a very long time. I feel quite angry though, as about a year ago when he was really down and his behaviour was very odd, I called the NHS for their advice as I thought he needed to be sectioned, and they told me that I couldnt do anything unless I could persuade him to go into hospital.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby rufio89 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:41 pm

I just found out that he didnt kill himself afterall. He died of cirhossis of the liver. 26 years old.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby snail » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:32 pm

Well, in a way that's better than suicide I think - slightly more bearable for the bereaved.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby captainf » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:13 pm

Thanks, Ruth. It is so odd not having him walking around the house. He used to spend so much time with me and it's hard not having him around.

I am ever so sorry to hear about your friend but I am glad to hear that your friend didn't commit suicide. Sad to hear that he died of cirhossis of the liver though. I hope you're coping okay.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:48 pm

Thanks Captain. It's the funeral on Wednesday, feeling very anxious about it, but at least it'll give me a chance to pay my respects.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby captainf » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:00 am

It's natural to feel that way really, but you will be alright and like you say you will get to pay your respects. :) You'll be okay.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:12 pm

Oh Gosh, it's not a good time of year. My brother-in-law's Mum passed away on Sunday night. She wasnt even ill, it was so unexpected - she went to bed Sunday night as normal, not complaining of so much as a headache, but then when her husband went to wake her in the morning, she was already cold. So, so sad for them. I didnt know her, but I'm so worried about my sister and her partner :(
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby captainf » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:28 pm

Thats very sad news. I really hope that the family are coping okay. It's all very very sad indeed.

I was told this evening that my nans brother has cancer of the kidneys and from how mum sounded it doesn't seem like he will make it through. :(
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby rufio89 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Im sorry captain, that's really sad. I hope he doesnt suffer too much.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat