I don't know what to do...

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I don't know what to do...

Postby reallyworried » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:37 pm

Hello,

I've come here because I need some help with my friend. Whenever I am around her, she makes me feel like dirt. Not by comments, but just by looking. This friday, we are doing something at my school and we have a decision where we can work together or work on our own. I want to work on my own. But my friend keeps saying, "You never share." and then she said, "I always share with my REAL friends, you should see." That made me really upset. She has another club that her "real friends" are at. I think she doesn't mean it but I want it to stop because it's making me feel really bad and I came home crying. I can't talk to her about it because she will take offence and ignore me until I appologise!!

Please help,
Really worried
:cry:
reallyworried
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: I don't know what to do...

Postby snail » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:00 pm

If you're not getting on and the 'friendship' makes you unhappy, then you need to start making other friends and stop seeing her as much. Could you join a (different) club yourself and meet people? Don't go out of your way to make a big deal out of it, just gradually start phasing her out of your life until she's less important. If she asks you about why you are seeing less of her, be honest, but be aware that she will probably make you out to be in the wrong.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby reallyworried » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:17 pm

I know it sounds wierd but I want to be her friend. She's a good friend at the good times. I asked my mum about all this and she said I should stand up to her and not let me be trodden on. Recently, she made a comment about my face. She said it because she was angry (not with me) about something. I know she is doing it to get her anger out but she doesn't know how much it hurts. I know she focuses on the things I hate about myself but my mum says I have to stick up for myself and I am gonna try that tomorrow at school and see how it turns out. Thanks though, I took your advice in. :)
reallyworried
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Craig Alexander » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:32 pm

Sorry, but from what you've said, she doesn't sound like a friend at all.

I'm no expert on this subject, but from experience, you have a simple choice of having the so-called friendship on her terms (because that's what it sounds like), or breaking away from her and making friends that are much more genuine.

Craig Alexander
www.ihavemylife.com
Craig Alexander
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Friends