Inflight pics

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Inflight pics

Postby captainf » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:27 pm

I know normally its asked that we link to photos only but I only have a small amount of pics to post and it can be annoying for people to open up multiple windows so I hope that no one minds me showing the photos here instead. They were taken on the 28th and 29th of sept, the two days I went flying. I thought i'd share them as they maybe of interest. Just for the record I was flying a plane, we circled the balloon to get pics.

Bedford autodrome - former RAE Bedford and Thurleigh.. Apologies for it not being level, its not easy getting level shots inflight..

RAF Alconbury

Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Re: Inflight pics

Postby cambot » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:04 pm

They're awesome!! :) The one with the park and the lakes beautiful.
"If you're wondering how he eats and breathes And other science facts, Just repeat to yourself it's just a show I should really just relax for Mystery...Science...Theater...3000!"
cambot
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby captainf » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:10 pm

Which one do you mean? :D Its just MK has so many parks and lakes and I can see a lake and parkland in a couple of them. Do you mean the one with the 'windmill' in it?
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby cambot » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:03 am

The windmilly one and the one with the two lakes and the balloon in the distance.. that's a nice one!
"If you're wondering how he eats and breathes And other science facts, Just repeat to yourself it's just a show I should really just relax for Mystery...Science...Theater...3000!"
cambot
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby captainf » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:32 am

Ahh the windmill one is caldecotte lake .... believe it or not, the pic with the balloon flying in the distance also shows caldecotte lake (you can just make out the windmill/restaurant/hotel in the pic ) As for the smaller lake, im not sure what that one is as I never knew there was one in that area.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby captainf » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:41 pm

Just thought i'd share this pic taken on the same day as the last set of pics.. Not long before landing as the sun was going down. :)

captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Jayz » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:14 pm

Wow, great photos Captain! =D>

You really get an idea of how tranquil it is in the balloon. Do you fly often? My family was thinking about looking into a trip sometime later this year but was put off by that horrific accident from NZ. That is quite an isolated case right??
Jayz
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby captainf » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:14 pm

Hey thanks very much :) I appreciate it :) I used to fly about twice a week but I don't as much nowadays.

I've never flown in a balloon myself - the pics I took of the balloon was taken from a plane I was flying and we circled around the balloon taking pics (me and another pilot took turns flying the plane while taking our own pics of it )

Don't be put off of due to the NZ accident. To be honest the news reports and eye witness reports were very conflictive and I found it hard to really understand much of a relationship between them. Also journalists are a jack of all trades but master of none so when they report on any aviation accident look at it as being some sort of fictional novel because their reporting makes it in to one.
I don't really know what caused the accident itself. Balloon accidents are rare and I can't really recall the last one in the UK. We get lots of balloons flying over here in Milton Keynes - ironically theres been 2 over the past 2 days flying over here :)
I say go for it. Alot of people enjoy flying in balloons and if you or your family want to go, I think you should. Accidents are rare and theres always a reason for them which is taken seriously. Go for it, you'll enjoy it and it will be fine and safe, im sure. :) Have a look at Virgin balloon flights, they are quite good.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Chit Chat