Silly Question

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Silly Question

Postby highlandcow » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:09 pm

This is going to sound like a really dumb question... but what should you buy a baby for Christmas?

I'm doing my Christmas shopping....and I have an extra person on my list this year! My godson was born in March, so let's face it, anything I buy, he won't fully appreciate but he's my best friend's son, so I want to get him something special. I've already bought him things like baby-gros and teddies and the like throughout his short little life, so it would be nice to do something different.

What's good for a 9 month old?

Thanks! :D
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Silly Question

Postby snail » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:27 pm

Oo, I want an answer to this one too - I became an aunt a month ago. What do you buy a one-month old?!
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Silly Question

Postby Skarlet » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:56 pm

snail wrote:Oo, I want an answer to this one too - I became an aunt a month ago. What do you buy a one-month old?!

I have always asked the mum. Cute special outfits(dresses and stuff for girls) funny embarrassing outfits, (tigger/bunny/monkey) or toys. Baby gyms, noisy things are also good.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby ILoveChristmas » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:04 pm

Something small, lighty-upy that can sit on baby's lap in the car and keep them amused.

When my son was born that was something I struggled with because I was on my own in the car with him.

Tesco stock a very good soft caterpillar that lights up, makes noises and rattles - made by Leapfrog. When baby gets a bit older it will also start to teach them colours and numbers. That's quite a good thing because it means it has extended interest, and isn't something that will only last or be used for a few months.

I couldn't find it in Tesco's online store, but here it is elsewhere:

http://www.bridesbumpsandbabies.com/bab ... am-toy-p25
Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. - Stephen Fry.

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. — Steve Furtick
ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:05 pm

Or you can ask if the Parents have opened a bank account for the baby and put money in there.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby highlandcow » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:45 pm

Wow guys these are great ideas. And I LOVE the website ILC. :D
The bank account is a good idea as well. Then he can use it for something really special.

Something that he can use as he gets older is perfect, I was just bad at thinking what's appropriate for his age.

Thanks for that guys....time to unleash the Visa!
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Chit Chat