Cystitis?

For any type of physical problem.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Cystitis?

Postby Lust » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:39 pm

Hi everyone :-)

Basically I've began seeing a guy at uni for the past 3 weeks and we've been having sex. Everything was fine until last weekend when I suddenly began needing to pee a lot and it was hurting me when I did. The needing to pee all the time wore off after a few hours but it was still hurting when I went. A couple of days later I noticed small amounts of blood were being passed and I just generally didn't feel right "down there". We didn't have sex for a few days while I got past it and I thought I had as it had stopped hurting me so yesterday morning we had sex again and since then I've began the same symptoms of bleeding and pain.

Is this cystitis? I'm just a bit confused as sometimes I'll need to pee all the time and other times I'll be ok but the pain continues. Also the pain isn't as I pee, it's more like as I stop a sharp pain shoots up for a couple of seconds. I also have a slight abdominal pain. I don't know if it's relevant but I have endometriosis so could it be something to do with that maybe?
Lust
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Cystitis?

Postby snail » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:04 pm

Definitely sounds like cystitis to me. Try urinating stright after sex (to flush yourself out), and see your GP, because if you're passing blood then it's quite serious. It usually seems to get better after you've been in the relationship a while.

But, Lust, I know this is a bit of a personal question and you're not really supposed to say these things, but I thought you were gay weren't you? What happened about that?
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lust » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:30 pm

Hi Snail

Thanks forthe advice. i got a bit worse earlier ad it seemed like almost pure blood but it's calmed again now. I'm not registered with a doctor at uni yet so will do so on Monday. Oh and no I'm not gay, I'm bisexual.
Lust
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:23 pm

you can get over the counter medicine for cystitis but cranberry juice really helps. Drink lots of it.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Lust » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:27 pm

Hi again,

Well, i posted this over a month ago and i thought i was getting better just by drinking loads of water and cranberry juice. Then about 2 weeks ago, I got bad again with pain and a bit of bleeding, however this stopped within a couple of days but the needing to pee all the time continued. There's no pain when i go, but when i 'need' to go i often feel weak, get a slight temperature and occasionally feel a bit of pain in my stomach.

It's been affecting me at uni, where i've been in a lecture and trying to hold it in as i've just gone before the lecture started, then suddenly have to run out in fear that if i hold any longer i might have some kind of accident.

I went to the doctors on Thursday finally and they tested me for cystitis and i DONT have it apparently. No infection showed up. Therefore i couldn't be prescribed anything, however i was told that taking an over the counter medicine would hopefully help. So i bought something called Cymalon and took it for the two days and yesterday at uni i was a little hopeful, as i managed to last for about 3 hours without needing to go, but then last night my boyfriend took me out to go see a German market in town and i was back to how i was, needing to go 5 every 5 minutes.

I came on my period while taking a break from my pill so i know i am not pregnant or anything.

I really don't know what is going on. When i'm back in my flat i'm not AS bad, perhaps because i know i can go whenever i need to. However it's affecting me sexually, as during sex i often find myself wanting things to hurry up as even though i'll have just gone, i feel i need to again. I also find that after sex when i go to pee, there is a tiny drop of blood, only a really small amount though. Is it possible it's psychological? If it is, how can i fix it?
Lust
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Ticktock » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:43 pm

It's odd as you are showing classic symptoms of cystitis, however, since you are at Uni did they also test you for STD's? Gonorrhea can present like this sometimes and would link with the fever like feelings you get when it is flaring up.
Ticktock
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby snail » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:23 pm

The fact that you're passing blood does suggest there's an infection in there, so I think a psychological problem or an overactive bladder is unlikely. You've really got to go back to the doc's.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lust » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:25 pm

Hi Ticktock

No i haven't been tested for gonorrhea yet, my doctor said if the otc medicine failed to have any affect then having some swabs done would be the next step. I'm just getting really quite worried about it all. I don't believe i do have any STIs, however i will definitely get checked out
Lust
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Lust » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:34 pm

Snail,

I'm wondering if i could have possibly damaged my bladder by not getting antibiotic help. I believe i had the symptoms 3 times (with blood and pain) before i've eventually given in and gone to the doctors. I'm now wondering if i've ended up causing this myself
Lust
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby snail » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:17 pm

I doubt it, Lust - if they thought there was something to really worry about they would have given you antibiotics anyway just in case - but you've really got to go back and ask the doctor.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lust » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:30 pm

I went back to the doctor again this morning and the nurse i saw tested a urine sample again and it was fine. She then decided to get the doctor to do me some swabs but when she came back the doctor told me the sti tests were unnecessary right now as she's concluded that what I have WAS cystitis and it's apparently "normal" to feel/be like this after the infection has gone and that I have to wait it out for another 2 weeks. Been told to take nothing else and just drink water and cranberry juice. I really hope she's right but knowing I have another 2 weeks of this isn't too comforting to hear.
Lust
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Ticktock » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:46 pm

My doctor is like this, everything is come back in two weeks, whichever person who allowed them to keep the profit from their surgeries needs shooting!

You always have the option of a sexual health clinic if you really want the tests done, although I will keep my fingers crossed that your doctor is correct.
Ticktock
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:43 pm

I feel for you Lust as I have had cystitis a few times in life and it's horrible

I find I have to do two lots of the cymalon treatment to clear it up so it might be worth getting another packet. Make sure it's the sachets of powder don't use the liquid stuff as it's rubbish

Also I don't know if anyone has told you but avoid sex for now as it makes it worse.

When you are back to normal try to wee before and especially after sex as I am told this helps reduce the likelyhood of cytitis

Keep drinking the cranberry juice too

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Lust » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:59 pm

Do you usually feel that the first packet does absolutely nothing then BelBel? I'm feeling pretty house-bound at the minute as i'm scared of going out places where there's no toilet. I've been spending all day at uni recently as it takes my mind off it a bit when i'm busy. I'm hoping this goes really soon as I just want my life back.
Lust
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:29 pm

Sorry for late reply
Sometimes the first pack feels like it does something and other times not much at all but it never gets rid of it and it comes back worse as soon as I finish the first packet

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Next

Return to Physical