Recovery

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Recovery

Postby highlandcow » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:23 pm

Ugh...I'm feeling blue.

I've just had an operation on my hip, which is not only painful and has left me walking like Peg Let Pete, it's also ensured I'm signed off work and stuck at home for 6 weeks unable to climb the stairs. The problem in my hip can't be repaired, basically I've got anchors in my muscle to keep it attached to the bone. I'm bored beyond all reason and feeling very sorry for myself.

My other half contacted my friends to arrange a night out the other week....but, despite having 2 weeks notice, they all let me down at the last minute. WAAAAH :cry:

On Friday I travelled on the train for hours to visit my boyfriend at Uni. We had a stupid fight this morning leaving me feeling even more dejected. We've made up now, but I'm feeling so low.

I'm lonely, feeing like my mates couldn't give a fiddlers, nearly lost my boyfriend over something dumb and I've got 6 holes in my hip and have to walk with a stick.

I know there's worse things going on, but, God, I could use a few laughs right now.
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Recovery

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:48 pm

Aw Highland Cow I'm sorry you have a rough day but also the thought of 6 weeks of recuperation. :(

At least you will be able to be on PP all day :D

I think it's unfortunate you tired to arrange a night out so near Christmas, I think people want to come and then they look at the finacne and realise they can't actually afford it.

Glad you have made up with your fella though and at least you won't have to help with cooking on Christmas day, every cloud has a silver lining :P
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby highlandcow » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:47 pm

Aww thanks Bel Bel. I'm more like Miserable Cow than Highland Cow at the moment. :roll:

highlandcow wrote:at least you won't have to help with cooking on Christmas day
- yeah that's true!
I'm worried about work though, I've only been in the job since September and I've been signed off for 6 weeks. My boss is ok with it (I mean, obviously I can't help it!) and I'm being paid in full but I'm worried it won't look very good. Especially as my problem can't be fixed, it's likely I'll need more surgery in the future. :(

Yeah it's a shame about my pals bailing on me, they've all appologised so I'm not going to go on to them about it to them, I think the problem is my life has become very small since the operation, being stuck by myself all day. :-({|=
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:26 pm

Some suggestions to stave off the boredom

Get a box set of some really long series you always meant to watch but never did

Get a triology of books

Start a short course on line

Ask work if there is anything you can do from home - it will show willing if nothing else. With log me in it's amazing what you can do from home.
There is nothing else you can do about work and you have been written off so they will know you aren't faking it.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby highlandcow » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:26 am

Thanks, Bel Bel, these are excellent. My boyfriend has down loaded whole series of comedy shows (Only Fools and Horses will now be my constant companion - that and PP of course) so that's keeping me going.

I'm trying to be in the mindset of I'm really going to miss all this time off watching Homes Under the Hammer every morning when I do go back to work!

Bel Bel wrote:Ask work if there is anything you can do from home - it will show willing if nothing else. With log me in it's amazing what you can do from home.

That's great actually, I never thought of that! As you say, even if I can't do anything it looks good to ask doesn't it!

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:50 am

I hope you have a speedy recovery. :)
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby highlandcow » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:43 pm

Awww thanks Cap' :P

I'm supposed to be going back to work in a week (for about 3 days before Xmas break.... :roll: ) but my physio is so horrible I'm not sure I will be. Oh well, I guess that's life isn't it.

Hope you're OK, Captain? :)

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:16 pm

Aw why is your physio horrible? I hope you do recover quickly, but I think it just takes time and you need to relax as sometimes being anxious can hinder the healing process :)

Im okay thankyou :)
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby highlandcow » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:24 pm

Glad you're ok. :P :D :)

Physio is horrible because they really push the joint until I feel sick. It's rough, but if it helps then I'll do it.

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:50 pm

Thankyou kindly :D

Wow that sounds uncomfortable and must be very painful! How can that help?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby highlandcow » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:44 pm

I'm not sure how it's meant to help, as it's so painful I actually wanted to be sick.
Surely that can't be helping. I'm meant to be going back to work on Tuesday, not sure that's going to happen!

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby highlandcow » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:30 pm

Well I found out why my phsyio hurt so much! I saw my surgeon today and told him what was happening and he told me that the pysio they gave me was for sports injuries and not for the type of surgery that I've had.
So I'm back to square one! :evil:

I was meant to be back to work tomorrow but the physio has damaged my hip so much that I've been signed off again!

Grrrr!

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby snail » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:18 pm

Blimey what bad luck :(
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Recovery

Postby Skarlet » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:26 pm

Surely the physio knew why you were there. I would complain to someone because they have caused more damage and set you back.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby highlandcow » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:19 pm

Skarlet wrote:Surely the physio knew why you were there. I would complain to someone because they have caused more damage and set you back.

You'd think, right! I didn't even know it was the wring thing they were doing, I just mentioned it to my surgeon to let him know what exercises I was doing. He's going to look into it and see what happened. Luckily it was so horrible that I purposely didn't do anymore of the exercises they set.

Grrr what a pain! Literally!

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Next

Return to Cheer me up!