Hurricane!

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Hurricane!

Postby highlandcow » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:03 pm

I hope all my fellow Scottish PP'ers and those in northern England have been coping alright with the weather we've just had? :grouphug:
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Hurricane!

Postby captainf » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:40 pm

How did you cope? :) It sure looked windy up there. I saw some videos on youtube of a trampoline being picked up flew off down a road in Scotland. :D
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby highlandcow » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:38 pm

It was pretty wild but since I've been signed off work with my hip, I've been watching it out the window.
Just had to make sure I had enough food in. :D
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:14 pm

Atleast you wasnt out in it! :) I love watching the trees sway around in the wind. When I lived in London I loved watching the planes land on a windy day. However a few years ago I did a flight with winds a constant 20kts gusting 50kts and I realised its more fun to be down here watching the planes land in windy weather than to be the pilot doing it yourself.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mind you, the forcasters have got it quite wrong this week. They kept forcasting more strong winds but instead it went through the channel last night instead of inland.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby highlandcow » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:32 pm

Me too! I love wild weather, I wanted to be out with my camera but that wouldn't have been sensible in my current condition! :roll:

That sounds exciting though, although I can imagine it was terrifying to fly in weather like that. :sick:

Yeah they keep saying it's going to get worse but then it doesn't happen. Scaremongering as usual. :wink:

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:48 pm

Yeah its good fun to be out in! Having the camera with you can be handy, especially if you get some pics of damage etc.

haha It wasnt really terrifying, more like made my job of landing much harder! It not only pushes the plane around, it knocks the speed up and down too which is very annoying!

Yep, like today they had forcast winds for us here, and then it actually tracked through the channel instead.. they also forcast winds for here tomorrow but now they say that will track through the channel now instead.. they have changed the forcast to snow here tomorrow which I doubt we'll even get.
I know they were left red faced after Michael Fish's accident in the 80's (I remember that! ) but they can only get it wrong so many times before people will ignore them and get caught out.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Chit Chat