moral dilemma

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

moral dilemma

Postby cupid » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:57 pm

so im prone to being a moron but this tops it for sure...
basically i recently visited a friend and since then noticed facebook updates a bout lost car keys etc didnt think anything of as tehy r always losing things, the last update regarding this was taht they had to pay £100 for new ones, i was like dam thats annoying, but the issue was dealt with within 2days and everything was find, i then noticed a pair of keys in my bag, not thinkin anything of it jst hung them up on the key rack...it suddenly (not sure y it didnt sooner) dawned on me i had taken them amsuing they were mine n not at all on purpose! i feeel sooo guilty but i cnt possibly tell the person ?...can i? i thought about returning them thur the letter box or a dealer ship(i duno if they can trace who they belong to?) or police station, i think this is for selfish reasons to clear my conscience...anyways i dnt know if i shoul fess up, wel deep down i know i should but ive told sumone n they said its sorted now n jst forget about it, i feel soo bad n duno wot to do :/ told u i was a moron lol always doin stupid stuff ....oh dearrr

what would u do if this had happened to u?
cupid
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: moral dilemma

Postby Vix1 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:06 am

The chances are that they would of had to get a new barrel installed on the car so the may now have completely new keys, so the old ones would no longer fit anyway. If it was me I wouldnt mention it now, no point really as its done and dusted now x
Vix1
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby highlandcow » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:56 pm

It depends on how well you know your pal to be honest. Are they the kind of person you could approach and go "oh my God, you'll NEVER guess what I found!"
If not then as Vix said, I'd be tempted to just forget about it. If they've changed the locks then there's no point in fessing up.

Maybe give them to the police anyway, so at least they're not constantly wondering where they got to!
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:25 pm

If you feel that bad then tell them but if you tell you will have to offer to pay the £100 for the new set
They might already suspect you took them by accident but didn't want to confront you directly in case they were wrong
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to And the rest...