New Years Resolutions

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: New Years Resolutions

Postby highlandcow » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:02 pm

I'm just away off to do my theory test....wish me luck! [-o<
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

New Years Resolutions

Postby Skarlet » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:30 pm

Good luck Highlandcow.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby highlandcow » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:01 pm

Thanks Skarlet....I passed! :D :P :)
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby rufio89 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:14 pm

yaaaaaaay! Congrats!! Are you ready to book your practical?
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby highlandcow » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:41 pm

Cheers Rufio. :)

Not yet. I have to wait until my hip is a little better before I can drive again.
But hopefully it won't be too long, as I was pretty close to it when I stopped for my op.

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:50 am

Splendid :) Congratulations and very well done :) I bet you are very pleased! All the studying has paid off :)

I've spent the last few days trying to find out what my assessment is gonna consist of on saturday and only just found a forum that adequately supplies me with that information. Theres also a topic on there by someone training with TVP thats posted a week by week account of what is learnt. :)
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby highlandcow » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:32 pm

At least there's things you can do to help you prepare. There's nothing worse than going in blind!
It's on Saturday isn't it? I'll be thinking of you.

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:04 pm

Yeah thats right, it's on Saturday from 8:30am to around 4:30pm. I found a nice forum with useful advice and another member thats attending on Saturday too.
One of the things we have to do is pick a number, of which we are given a subject to talk about for two minutes - A golf ball, sugar etc. I'm sooooooo not looking forward to that. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby highlandcow » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:38 pm

Wow...that's a long interview!

captainf wrote:One of the things we have to do is pick a number, of which we are given a subject to talk about for two minutes - A golf ball, sugar etc. I'm sooooooo not looking forward to that.

Fingers crossed you manage to pick up something about planes! :D :D

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:15 pm

My mum actually said the same as you! haha :) It's long because we have to do the initial recruitment tests which includes a dictation test. Then we do our group and individual activities and then we have our interviews. We also get to talk to other special constables and of course eat and have a hot drink too.
My assessment is all being held at the HQ which is right next to Oxford airport, literally it's right opposite the airfield!! haha.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby highlandcow » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:29 pm

GOOD LUCK FOR TOMORROW CAPTAIN!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Let us know how it goes!

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:00 pm

Thanks! The nerves are kicking in alot now.
Went down there today just to make sure I know the way and stuff. Took abit of a look at oxford airport too.. ;)
Just so nervous now. :lol: :lol:
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

New Years Resolutions

Postby Skarlet » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:35 am

captainf wrote:Thanks! The nerves are kicking in alot now.
Went down there today just to make sure I know the way and stuff. Took abit of a look at oxford airport too.. ;)
Just so nervous now. :lol: :lol:

Good luck! Hope it all goes really well.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:34 pm

It went okay! I might of screwed the dictation test but I told the lady that in my interview and she said that if i'm right and i've messed up that part, but if all else goes well, i'd be recalled to do the dictation part only again.
I had a 2 minute talk to do on a random subject (you pick a number, they give you a choice of two topics) Mine was on water.. the girl next to me picked the number that had the topics 'aeroplane or wedding' When that was mentioned the assessor looked at me and said 'bet you wish you had picked that one, dont you?' haha :lol: :lol: :lol:
We were constantly assessed by 3 people. The police officer was actually from MK!! :D
I think it went alright. If I don't get in this time i'll definitely apply again when i'm allowed to.
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby snail » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:40 am

Good news :)
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat