Neighbours

For problems with any other type of relative, neighbours, teachers, the milkman!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Neighbours

Postby cambot » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:18 pm

Anyone else have Neighbours they want to throttle????? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Seriously, where we live it's a terrace row on a main road and literally we are surrounded by morons!! (serious venting session going on here!)

First of all there is a family up the road that has 5 cars! Who needs that many?? There's only 2 of them that drive!!! So anyway we'd only been in the house for about six months, never spoken to them before, my parents went on holiday and left our car parked outside our house. At that point I'd only had a few lessons and wasn't on the insurance anyway. The guy comes round and says "we need to get our FIVE cars in, can you move your car down?" I said "no sorry, I dont drive and I'm not insured" So then he says "CAN I MOVE IT DOWN THEN!?!" am I alone in thinking what a male-chicken here?!!! Who says that to a neighbour they've never met before and if I wasnt insured he wouldnt be insured!!!! So what the hell.. so I politely told him no and shut the door.. suffice to say relations with those have been icy.. and the jerks never send christmas cards or anything like that and my mum does every year.. so that tells you what their like...

Now on the other side....... oh my god.. I want to tear them a new one.. they are so rude, so ignorant and think they own the street because they've lived here 30 odd years!! (we've been here 6-7 now) I have a beef with them over everything... First of all when we moved in there was this rubbish little fence that was rotten and falling to pieces, we put in brand new, eco fencing (wasnt cheap) and they didnt have to pay one bit but they made sure they painted their side and got paint all over the plastic green seperator things... THEN every day you get sunshine, they have a BBQ, they put the BBQ right up against the fence so a) its damaging b) you cant put washing out otherwise you smell like the inside of TGI fridays and c) so you cant sit out or enjoy it because they're yelling and screaming and generally being morons. My other beef with them is not that they smoke... but that when they do, they chuck the butts out their window so they come on our side and I get the eye of suspicion cast on me.. They let the dog walk round the wall so it comes on to our side and does it's business!! We have cats and thats a BIG dog so I'm constantly like "where are the cats!?" when the dogs out. ANNNNNND the thing that really annoys me is the parking.. they have 3 cars (yes on top of the 5 cars up the road, the 2 next door, they have 3!!!) They park allllll down the street, with no consideration for other people and their houses, they pull up so close to you they block you in. And this one time, we were coming back from shopping, coming up the hill.. the guy was driving down, he raced to get the spot out side our house. So we had to pull in further down with loads of bags of shopping!! And the smug look he gave us!!! oooooh I hate them!!! OH OH I also forgot the building and drilling and weird hours, all day every day for long periods of time!!! Thats unfair as well!! OOOOOH (sorry in editing I remembered more!!!) They had a Monster truck parked out front for 3 months as well... (well it was a Range rover with ridiculously sized tractor tyres!)....

Oh and another neighbour... plays his music/films realllly loud till 3 am most saturdays, to the point where I can tell what song, album, line, artist it is and over christmas it was so bad, I could tell what film it was, what scene and what the character was that was speaking (It was Lord of the rings!)

I mean these get me so wound up, I almost miss the idiot students I used to live next door that played rubbish trance music till 5 am every fri through monday!

pppftt... anyone got any advice, could I go to the council or anything?.... I mean this makes our street sound really bad but actually its a nice place to live if you don't take into account these jerks!

ps: I am considering retaliation.. in the form of extrememly loud music and inopportune moments......That'd be wrong wouldnt it But I'm seriously considering throwing a huge house party, digging out all my old music (which consists of Cradle of Filth, Nine inch Nails, Black Sabbath, Marilyn Manson, Metallica etc etc etc!) and having everyone park their cars up and down the street...
"If you're wondering how he eats and breathes And other science facts, Just repeat to yourself it's just a show I should really just relax for Mystery...Science...Theater...3000!"
cambot
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Neighbours

Postby captainf » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:43 pm

You could report the loud music etc to the police. It's a nuisance and inconvenience at silly-o'clock.
You could also go to the council and report all this too but you need to keep a book with dates, times etc. Also you could notify them about the parking situation aswell.

As for the lot with 5 cars, dont worry about them. They're stupid if they have 5 cars and no where to park them sensibly.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby highlandcow » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:59 pm

captainf wrote:As for the lot with 5 cars, dont worry about them. They're stupid if they have 5 cars and no where to park them sensibly.

Agreed. Honestly, some people just don't have the brains God gave an electric toaster.

I have terrible neighbours too so I feel your pain. Not so much music (although that did happen so late and so loud once that I was forced to sleep on the sofa) but they have huge, mega, unbelievable arguments every couple of weeks. Once it got so bad, I was really worried about the woman, that I called the police.

I'd follow Captian's advise and get the council involved and the police involved. It's rude and unneighbourly and you shouldn't have to put p with it.
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby cambot » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:39 am

Thanks Cap'n and Highland (haha I like the way you moo...heheh!)

Yeah I think, I'm going to leave it for a bit, write down all the crummy things they all do and then get the council or something involved because it's beyond a joke really. .... I am how ever very glad not to have experienced that though. OMG that's really bad, good thing you called the cops!!!! :S
"If you're wondering how he eats and breathes And other science facts, Just repeat to yourself it's just a show I should really just relax for Mystery...Science...Theater...3000!"
cambot
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby captainf » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:12 am

My dad had some noisy neighbours last year. He complained to them so one of them kicked off and my dad punched him haha. The police turned up and the constable said to my dad that he understood why my dad decked the guy but added he shouldn't of done it. No arrest or anything...lol! Anyway, don't do as my dad did, okay? haha.. Since then the neighbours have been quiet though.

I think noting it all down is good, times, dates etc. Maybe get other neighbours to do the same too. Then lodge a complaint with the council and also call the police on a few occasions (it's good to put in notes 'police attended at this time on this date' as it shows you have reported them to the law a number of times)
Also if they are council houses I believe you need 5 other neighbours to complain to get them removed.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby highlandcow » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:15 pm

cambot wrote: OMG that's really bad, good thing you called the cops!!!! :S

It was awful. I felt bad about calling them, but it was getting to the point where I thought she was in danger. That wasn't the only time they came round either! I had a knock on the door from the police about a month after that because someone had heard screaming in the street and didn't know which house it was. So I knew just where to send them.

Honestly, some people give can really make your area sound bad!

captainf wrote:He complained to them so one of them kicked off and my dad punched him haha. The police turned up and the constable said to my dad that he understood why my dad decked the guy but added he shouldn't of done it.

Wow...brave! No wonder they went quiet after that! :D :D
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:52 pm

haha. Well my dad must be about 16 stone! He's one of them people that seems to know everyone and so the neighbours were never really gonna get the better of him as such.
Its funny seeing my dad and me stood next to eachother, i'm about 8 and a half stone..lol!
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby highlandcow » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:20 pm

captainf wrote:Its funny seeing my dad and me stood next to eachother, i'm about 8 and a half stone..lol!

LOL. :lol:

I don't really understand neighbours who behave the way Cambot's neighbours do though. They obviously know they are making pains of themselves, but don't care.
I'd be mortified if I knew my neighbours found me insufferable.

Some people just love to make other people's lives miserable and I don't know if I'll ever understand that.

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:58 am

haha :D

I think that some of them don't really care. They just tend to go about their own thing and lack respect for others.
Why can't they just do what normal people do?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:34 pm

Could you move?
The problem with involving the council is that if you complain and then decide to move you have to tell any potentially buyer that you have complained and then you just put your buyer off.
I had gypsies next door and you neighbours sound idyllic in comparison
I am not saying it's nice and I certainly don't mean to belittle your problem but once you upset people the problem can escalate and get even worse.
The gypsies made all my neighbours lives hell but because we were nice to them they were fine with us. We still moved as we hated their dirty sofa's in the garden, the big truck parked to block light out of other neighbours windows, the kids swearing, stealing from most neighbours, etc etc
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby highlandcow » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:30 pm

That sounds horrendous Bel Bel. No wonder you moved! :o

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:09 pm

It was pretty bad. My husband seemed affected by it more than me and was on the verge of a nervous breakdown just before we moved, and I do not say that lightly.
Hence why I suggested to cambot about moving. Sometimes you can stay and fight and nothing gets better and it just drains you.
Some people say all I did was give the problem to someone else, well yes I did but sometimes in life you have to be selfish and look after number 1.
As it turns out 6 months after I moved the gypsies were turfed out and a lovely couple have moved in so it's turned out ok but had I stayed god knows what condition my husband mental health wound have been in.
Also the gypsies have just been moved on somewhere else and will be doing the same to someone else in another town. I am not really sure how these problems can be resolved completely
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to And the rest...