Sertraline (Zoloft)

For any other problem that has to do with the self.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Sertraline (Zoloft)

Postby f-p » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:30 pm

Just wondered if anybody else is taking or has taken these meds?

I started on a course of them on Saturday (50mg) and have been having a few problems... They are listed as some of the side effects but I wonder, is it too early for them to be having this effect on me?

I have lost my appetite completely, though I am trying to eat what/when I can. I keep getting what feels like a lump in throat/chest area and I'm constantly tired even though I seem to be sleeping better (not waking up constantly through the night). I have the shakes and just feel really jittery in general.

I know it's early days and these things can get worse before they get better, and I know everybody will react to things differently. But I wondered if anybody wants to share their stories/experience/knowledge or general opinions about these or any other similar meds....
The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning ~Ivy Baker Priest~
f-p
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Sertraline (Zoloft)

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:43 pm

My sister is taking these after a breakdown. She is fine now but it did take a few weeks to adjust. At first she felt they weren't doing anything but she improved after a few weeks
Read the leaflet supplied with the tablets and be aware of any symptoms that need reporting to the doctor
Other than that hang in there, things should start improving soon
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby f-p » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:04 pm

I'm glad your sisters doing better, thats good to hear!

I have read the leaflet time and time again as I was dubious about starting the medication anyway, but now I'm on it I'm more worried about the time when I have to come off it as I know there can be some adverse withdrawl symptons too (damn all the information available via google) ;)

I have the doctors again on the 20th anyway so if anything is still effecting me then, I will tell him.
I am trying to keep a mood diary also so that hopefully I will be able to see as things improve... More for my benefit than anything else but I will keep it handy when I start counselling and/or at my next appointment with the docs just in case.

In the mean time, I'll just carry on doing what I can for now... Thanks!
The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning ~Ivy Baker Priest~
f-p
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby captainf » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:16 pm

I think the shakey feeling is due to lack of eating, abit of low sugar and hyperglycemia. I also the feeling in the throat/chest area maybe abit of dehydration maybe. If you are that worried though see if you can get an appointment with your doc next week maybe and see if they say anything? Sometimes its easy to read about the symptoms and then convince yourself you have them so maybe checking with the doc first would be best.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby f-p » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:57 pm

Yeah, I think you're right about some of this being because I'm not eating enough, but as of today, I'm making an extra effort to eat whether I'm hungry or not, I've even started having sugar in my tea to give me a boost! ;)

I plan to fry bacon tonight when I get in from work to see if that tantalises my taste buds... It normally does!

I don't really feel too worried about anything yet, and I hate running to the doctors with things at the best of times. I'm going to keep trying until after this coming weekend and see if things improve! :)
f-p
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby snail » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:27 pm

I get that feeling in the throat/chest when I'm really stressed.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby captainf » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:52 pm

Enjoy your bacon! :) I haven't had that in years, the last 2 times I had it I choked on it..lol.
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:03 pm

Drool Drool
The thought of a bacon sandwich is making me sooo hungry. I hoped it helped you get an appetite?

Don't worry about coming off them f-p they usually bring the dose down slowly. Whatever you do don't try to do it yourself.

The mood diary is a brilliant idea.

Keep letting us know how you are
:grouphug:

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby f-p » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:35 pm

Did the bacon tonight...

Had bacon and a scrambled egg, and ate it all! Might not be the healthiest of foods but hey, it's a start.
Got a banana for later :)

All in all, things seem a little better up to now today!
f-p
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby captainf » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:11 pm

Thats good :) I am glad that you are feeling and sounding more positive today. Keep at it :)
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby Bel Bel » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:01 pm

Thanks for coming back and letting us lnow you're ok. Let's hope this is now the raod to feeling fantastic but just in case you have a dip we will still be here for you

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby f-p » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:08 pm

Thanks Bel Bel,

I have still been loitering around in the background... Just not been very active on the forums.

Still having my up's and downs but I guess thats to be expected. This week is particularly tough due to the the time of year and a certain anniversary but I'm getting there with a little help

I'm still waiting on the appointment to come through for the counselling and will probably update my first thread when that happens.... Thats my next milestone on the road to recovery!

You've all been brilliant! :)
f-p
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby captainf » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:06 pm

You can expect the ups and downs, they are all part of the process and things will get easier as time goes by and you get an appointment with a counsellor.
I hope the anniversary you speak of goes with ease and that you cope well through it.

Keep at it, you'll get there :)
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby clpsnt » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:42 pm

I am a week in and I am suffering the same lump in the throat and serious lack of appetite. However, things are improving and I am starting to eat a little mash potato and bananas. I am also drink loads of water. I also had nausea at the begining which I treated motilium. Apart from the side effects the drug does seem to be working my mood and energy levels have lifted a lot.
clpsnt
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to And the rest...