Cellulite

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Cellulite

Postby highlandcow » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:31 pm

Ugh...I feel so gross. I've got horrible cellulite on my thighs, I'm only a size 10/12. :roll:

It's got to the point where I feel nervous getting undressed in front of my other half and try to leap into bed as quick as possible so he doesn't think I'm totally gross.

I go nuts with a body brush every day but nothing seems to shift it. Does anyone have any tips?
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Cellulite

Postby Skarlet » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:30 pm

If I am am honest with you I wouldn't be worrying about it. I doubt he even notices that you have it, and if he did would he really care? He loves you, desires you, and a bit of dimples on your thighs really isn't going to change that.

Tips, drink plenty, body brush and moisturise. If you have money you can go for treatments to help minimise it. But really I wouldn't focus on it too much. You probably are noticing it much more than a guy would.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:37 pm

He is bound to have seen it already
It's a common conception that only big girls have it. I have seen athletes with it.
I have varied from a small 10 upto a size 16 over the years. (currently a healthy 14 :P ) My cellulite looks worse when I am skinny. The fat seems to pad it out a bit. I have tried every treatment conceivable and they may work but only temporarily. The skin scrubs tend to make it look better for a day at most but as soon as you have any fluids it's back. These things usually only work because they are temporarily draining the fluids from that part of the body but it always comes back.
Getting a tan helps a bit and wearing a good pair of dance tights on a night out hides it really well.
In bed I suspect he is too busy looking at other attractive areas that men tend to focus on. :P Also not to get too gross but when you are bent over (ahem 8-[ ) your skin stretches and it seems to smooth out but again he will be looking at your rump anyway - LOL
Just enjoy. A man is usually more turned on by a confident girl than one who is too concerned with her body to relax and enjoy the whole thing.
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:39 pm

Oh just one more thing.
I tend to find I am embarrased by it most on holiday so I always use sarongs when I get up from the sun bed.

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby highlandcow » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:32 pm

Thanks guys. :D

I know my boyfriend has noticed it, but he says he's not bothered by it. It's just I've had ex's who have commented on it (after we've broken up of course) and it's knocked my confidence a bit (although I know it shouldn't as we all know ex's talk a load of old bull).

I'm a bit shy in the swimming pool and I know I'd be bothered by it on holiday like you Bel Bel, but I guess it's always going to look worse to me and if I saw a woman with cellulite in the pool or on the beach, I wouldn't be pointing and laughing.

Bel Bel wrote:A man is usually more turned on by a confident girl than one who is too concerned with her body to relax and enjoy the whole thing.

I'll try and bear that in mind. Next time the...ah..."situation" arises, I'll try and strut my stuff like I'm not bothered! :P
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:52 pm

Or you can always cover up with stockings some of the time :P

I do think some blokes (immaturely) think it's related to fat.

Remember too it's just like anything else some like big boobs, some like small
Some like gingers, others like baldies etc
You get my drift.

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Chit Chat