Birthday Blues

Go here if you need cheering up, or if you feel the urge to cheer someone else up!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Birthday Blues

Postby rufio89 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:20 pm

I just need a moan I think. and some e-hugs.

I called my Mum the other day and she asked me what I had planned for my birthday. When she said that I realised I'd completely forgotten it was my birthday coming up and promptly burst into tears.

I know it's silly to get upset just because it's my birthday, but it highlighted to me how lonely I'm feeling at the moment. I hardly ever have anything to do with other people on the weekend daytimes, which doesnt usually bother me that much, I can fill my own time perfectly well, but when it's my birthday, I dont really want to spend the day all by myself and the last couple of years I've ended up spending the day with my parents. My parents are very nice people and I get on with them very well, but with one thing and another, I've spent an awful lot of time with them over the last 6 months and Im worried that my reliance on my Mum particularly is becoming a bit unhealthy, so I dont really want to spend the day with them on my birthday. I ACTUALLY want to be taken out by some lovely guy who wants to spoil me, but that's not going to happen so I'll have to come up with next-best-thing.

Except I cant even think of what I'd want to do.

I sent an invite out on Facebook for people to go out for drinks (it's in 3 weeks, so plenty of time). I have 3 really close friends, 1 of them is travelling around Australia at the moment so she obviously cant make it, another lives in Bristol and is in her final year of uni and said she was really sorry but she was just too stressed out at the moment to come to Notts, and the 3rd said she's planned to go and see her boyfriends parents that weekend and that the train is already booked and everything.

A friend of a friend is getting married the day of my birthday so quite a few people I know wont be able to come because of that (including my sister) and my brothers are all away.

I'm just feeling really sorry for myself, lonely and grumpy. I know birthdays arent a big deal, and it's not an important one, but it'd just be nice to do something nice (nothing spectacular) and I have a horrible feeling that I'm just going to end up sitting in my room crying all morning :(
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Re: Birthday Blues

Postby Skarlet » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:40 pm

Is there no one you can go visit? The friend in Bristol might not be able to come up to you but you could go to her?

*hugs* for feeling low. It sucks when you want to do something and there is no one around.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Cheer me up!