Holy macaroni....

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Holy macaroni....

Postby highlandcow » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:14 pm

I've just been to the hairdressers. I knew it was going to be an expensive one as it's a nice place and I had colours and highlights etc....but when the bill came (I can hardly type this) it was £110! I nearly hit the floor in shock but what could I do, I paid up! In fairness, it's a lovely cut but come on, £110?!

I'm trying to justify it by thinking well it's my birthday on Saturday but I'm having trouble.

What's the moat you've spent on something frivolous (whether you meant to or not)?
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Holy macaroni....

Postby ILoveChristmas » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:49 am

I spent £800 on a 'toy' car :D

Okay, it was a real manly toy with a real engine and all, but ultimately it was just a toy, so you see your £110 hair cut is a bargain ha! I'm starting to resent paying £8 for mine :P
Christmas to a child is the first terrible proof that to travel hopefully is better than to arrive. - Stephen Fry.

The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. — Steve Furtick
ILoveChristmas
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby rufio89 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:19 am

oh my gosh, that's insane! The colour better stay nice for a while!
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Skarlet » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:01 pm

I have heard of people paying more than that if it makes you feel better Highlandcow. If it's a really good cut, it will last and look good for ages too.

There is a milkshake place in my town, that sells a Millionaires shake, which has goldleaf in it, and costs a whopping 12 quid.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby rufio89 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:07 pm

£12 for a milkshake?!

I dont like paying £12 for a bottle of wine.

Sometimes I wonder if I have a warped perception of how much things cost. But then compared to my Mum and sister I'm really extravagent! My Mum was completely shocked that I'd spent £120 on a pair of boots, she went on and on about it as though it was an insane thing to do, but all my friends are buying like £400 handbags and stuff!
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Skarlet » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:12 pm

Yeh I was like, you can buy a book for less than that!

120 is fair enough, if I could afford boots at 400 I really would. My Mum gets upset because I pay 36 quid on my hair but then she didn't like that I had it cut short.
Skarlet
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby rufio89 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:56 pm

I usually spend about £45 getting my hair cut, which i think is EXTORTIONATE considering I dont have it coloured (I always do it red, so I just do it myself. Got pretty good now - dont dye the bathroom or anything :) haha). Although lately I have been buying groupons when they come up
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:41 pm

OMG I pay £12 to get my hair cut and it's more than half way down my back. I only use root touch up (£5) as I don't dye my hair to get a different colour (it's to cover the greys that are starting to sprout 8-[ , I am a nan now so I am allowed them :P )

However we all have our achilles heels mine is handbags, shoes and sunglasses. I spent £350 before on a pair of sunnies I desparately wanted. However i love a bargin and generally want the max for my money so I have to really really like something to indulge. Also if it cost alot I use it to death usually.

Here is a great site for those who love a bargin, it's almost disposable clothing at these prices
http://everything5pounds.com/
It does exaclty what it says on the tin :D
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby rufio89 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:01 pm

omg BelBel I love you...
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby snail » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:12 pm

I pay £20 to get my hair cut (just a wash and cut, no colour). I'm happy enough with that. You really couldn't get it done for any less than that in the area where I live I don't think.
How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

Annie Dillard
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby rufio89 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:21 pm

Speaking of expensive things.

I just had to buy toothbrush heads for my electric toothbrush. £9.99 for 2!!!!!!!
!!!!!

!!!!!

!
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby highlandcow » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:49 pm

I really glad I'm not the only one! I was fretting about this quite a bit. I haven't told anyone else it was so much for fear they'd think I was insane. :o
It's a city centre place, so I knew it was going to be more expensive. It's just....now it looks so pretty!

Last time it was £80 which I was surprised at, so I thought it'd be £80 again this time. But still, my bills and rent are paid I'm going to be getting some money for my birthday so I can probably write this one off. I think next time I'll ask them how much it will be when I make the booking though....

rufio89 wrote:I just had to buy toothbrush heads for my electric toothbrush. £9.99 for 2!!!!!!!

That is quite a lot, considering it's just for the heads. You'd think the "body" of it would be the more expensive bit.
Still...at least that's for 2, not for 1! :D
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby highlandcow » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:51 pm

Bel Bel wrote:Here is a great site for those who love a bargin, it's almost disposable clothing at these prices
http://everything5pounds.com/
It does exaclty what it says on the tin

Also, wow!! Why didn't I know about this sooner! :) :)

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:47 pm

I hate to be a clone so I had to ensure you all lived far enough away before I revealed my secret. :D
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Chit Chat